where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Alexander Kren
Alexander Kren
08:39 May-29-2002
I am looking for people who deal with the testing of polymeric paterials

I am looking for people who deal with the testing of polymeric materials.
I am interesting in investigation polymers and NDT tests of them.
Especially rubbers and composites.
thanks for any help.
aleks.p.k@iaph.bas-net.by

Richard Kazares
Richard Kazares
09:13 May-29-2002
Re: I am looking for people who deal with the testing of polymeric paterials
Depending on the specifics of your materials and material geometries, our company has recently introduced a low-frequency based UT technology that can be used to inspect multi-layered, internally bonded, thick-section composites and rubber (also rubber-like) materials from a SINGLE SIDE. The system (which we have named TSCOUT - for Thick Section Composite Oblique Ultrasonic Testing) uses either a single set - or an array (up to 4) sensor pairs at specific angles and frequencies designed to optimize UT penetration (and reflection) form normally VERY DIFFICULT to inspect materials - and which (previously) have almost always required dual-sided (through penetration) inspection techniques.

Please contact me directly for more details - if this of interest - since I don't want to sound too much like advertising.

: I am looking for people who deal with the testing of polymeric materials.
: I am interesting in investigation polymers and NDT tests of them.
: Especially rubbers and composites.
: thanks for any help.
: aleks.p.k@iaph.bas-net.by

Benmedakhene
Consultant, Consultant on acoustic emission and composites mat
Universite de Technologie de Compiegne, France, Joined Jan 2002, 1

Benmedakhene

Consultant, Consultant on acoustic emission and composites mat
Universite de Technologie de Compiegne,
France,
Joined Jan 2002
02:28 May-30-2002
Our knowledge is in acoustic emission testing of composite materials.
This type of NDT allows a real follow-up of the damage and failure of the composites structures.
If our activity interests you, do not hesitate to contact us.
Universite de Technologie de Compiègne, in France
Cordially

Jim Knowles
Jim Knowles
03:04 May-30-2002
: I am looking for people who deal with the testing of polymeric materials.
: I am interesting in investigation polymers and NDT tests of them.
: Especially rubbers and composites.
: thanks for any help.
: aleks.p.k@iaph.bas-net.by
.I undertook some ultrasonic inspection work with POLYTEST in Moscow who I believe may be of help.
E-mail:polytest@mtu-net.ru
They have developed inspection methods using ultrasound on PVC and Polythene type plastics.

Product Spotlight

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window