where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

AT-Automation Technology GmbH
AT -Automation Technology is a systems house for industrial image processing. AT offers thermographic ndt systems as well as high-speed 3D sensors.
Technical Discussions
Massimiliano Pau
Teacher, -
Univ. of Cagliari, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Italy, Joined Sep 2002, 25

Massimiliano Pau

Teacher, -
Univ. of Cagliari, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2002
03:36 Jun-12-2002
High-temperature transducers

Dear colleagues

I would like to know if there are any commercial ultrasonic transducers able to perform measurements up to 1500 °C

I saw that both Panametrics and Krautkramer catalogs show transducers that work up to 500 °C

Massimiliano

Johan Blomkvist
Johan Blomkvist
06:46 Jun-19-2002
Re: High-temperature transducers
Hey
What couplant are You going to used at 1500 °C?
I have done many measures at about 600°C and at that temperature You only get a few seconds to measure before the couplant get´s burn.

Massimiliano Pau
Teacher, -
Univ. of Cagliari, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Italy, Joined Sep 2002, 25

Massimiliano Pau

Teacher, -
Univ. of Cagliari, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2002
00:20 Jun-22-2002
Re: High-temperature transducers
That's the interesting thing....the material to test is a liquid...no need to couplant ;)

Just joking of course....I learned that there is no transducer for these temperatures. However maybe one could place a ceramic wedge in front of the probe. It could be an interesting attempt.

Massimiliano

: Hey
: What couplant are You going to used at 1500 °C?
: I have done many measures at about 600°C and at that temperature You only get a few seconds to measure before the couplant get´s burn.

Product Spotlight

A1525 SOLO

A1525 Solo – the most compact and affordable TMF unit with two phased array transducers and 3D v
isualization and analysis software in standard delivery set. A compact, ergonomic and easy to handheld Phased Array unit based on Total Focusing Method for easy-going imaging of inspection objects with two-dimensional and three-dimensional visualization and evaluation of inspection results.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

CIVA 2020 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window