where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
High-temperature transducers
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

03:36 Jun-12-2002

Massimiliano Pau

Teacher, -
Univ. of Cagliari, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2002
High-temperature transducers

Dear colleagues

I would like to know if there are any commercial ultrasonic transducers able to perform measurements up to 1500 °C

I saw that both Panametrics and Krautkramer catalogs show transducers that work up to 500 °C

Massimiliano

06:46 Jun-19-2002
Johan Blomkvist
Re: High-temperature transducers Hey
What couplant are You going to used at 1500 °C?
I have done many measures at about 600°C and at that temperature You only get a few seconds to measure before the couplant get´s burn.

00:20 Jun-22-2002

Massimiliano Pau

Teacher, -
Univ. of Cagliari, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2002
Re: High-temperature transducers That's the interesting thing....the material to test is a liquid...no need to couplant ;)

Just joking of course....I learned that there is no transducer for these temperatures. However maybe one could place a ceramic wedge in front of the probe. It could be an interesting attempt.

Massimiliano

: Hey
: What couplant are You going to used at 1500 °C?
: I have done many measures at about 600°C and at that temperature You only get a few seconds to measure before the couplant get´s burn.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|