where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Himanshu Ranade
Director, Application Development
Fallon Ultrasonic (India) Pvt. ltd., India, Joined Apr 2000, 2

Himanshu Ranade

Director, Application Development
Fallon Ultrasonic (India) Pvt. ltd.,
India,
Joined Apr 2000
09:14 Jun-17-2002
API 5L Regulation

I want to know the specifications and details of API 5L regulation pertaining to Ultrasonic Testing of Pipe welds and Pipe body. What is the testing or defect criteria specified in the regulation for Automated or manual Ultrasonic testing. I know it mentions the N5 notch..Can anyone tell me what are the specifics of the N5 notch..

thanks

Himanshu RAnade

A.Voge
NDT Inspector, Specially in the oilfield
Tuboscope Vetco(Deutschland)Gmbh, Germany, Joined Oct 1999, 126

A.Voge

NDT Inspector, Specially in the oilfield
Tuboscope Vetco(Deutschland)Gmbh,
Germany,
Joined Oct 1999
07:11 Jun-17-2002
Re: API 5L Regulation
: I want to know the specifications and details of API 5L regulation pertaining to Ultrasonic Testing of Pipe welds and Pipe body. What is the testing or defect criteria specified in the regulation for Automated or manual Ultrasonic testing. I know it mentions the N5 notch..Can anyone tell me what are the specifics of the N5 notch..
: thanks
: Himanshu RAnade
The best thing you get an API5L,from American Petrol Institut.Cost will app. 115-120US-Dollars,you can order through internet adress is http:// www.api.org.
There is in inner and an outer N5-notch dim. are width 0.04" max,depth 5%t(nom. wall)+/-15% with a min off 0.012" +/- 0.002" ,length for ultrasonic is 2" for max depth.
Normally the test pipe will supply by producer(pipe mill),should be sam grade and weight.For weld normally a 1/16" hole will be used.
With best regards Andreas Voge

Product Spotlight

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window