where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

IMG ULTRASUONI SRL
Ultrasonic transducers for industrial applications (NDT) and medical (Doppler effect). Probes, Ultrasonic instruments, Special systems for NDT.

Technical Discussions
Himanshu Ranade
Director, Application Development
Fallon Ultrasonic (India) Pvt. ltd., India, Joined Apr 2000, 2

Himanshu Ranade

Director, Application Development
Fallon Ultrasonic (India) Pvt. ltd.,
India,
Joined Apr 2000
09:14 Jun-17-2002
API 5L Regulation

I want to know the specifications and details of API 5L regulation pertaining to Ultrasonic Testing of Pipe welds and Pipe body. What is the testing or defect criteria specified in the regulation for Automated or manual Ultrasonic testing. I know it mentions the N5 notch..Can anyone tell me what are the specifics of the N5 notch..

thanks

Himanshu RAnade

A.Voge
NDT Inspector, Specially in the oilfield
Tuboscope Vetco(Deutschland)Gmbh, Germany, Joined Oct 1999, 129

A.Voge

NDT Inspector, Specially in the oilfield
Tuboscope Vetco(Deutschland)Gmbh,
Germany,
Joined Oct 1999
07:11 Jun-17-2002
Re: API 5L Regulation
: I want to know the specifications and details of API 5L regulation pertaining to Ultrasonic Testing of Pipe welds and Pipe body. What is the testing or defect criteria specified in the regulation for Automated or manual Ultrasonic testing. I know it mentions the N5 notch..Can anyone tell me what are the specifics of the N5 notch..
: thanks
: Himanshu RAnade
The best thing you get an API5L,from American Petrol Institut.Cost will app. 115-120US-Dollars,you can order through internet adress is http:// www.api.org.
There is in inner and an outer N5-notch dim. are width 0.04" max,depth 5%t(nom. wall)+/-15% with a min off 0.012" +/- 0.002" ,length for ultrasonic is 2" for max depth.
Normally the test pipe will supply by producer(pipe mill),should be sam grade and weight.For weld normally a 1/16" hole will be used.
With best regards Andreas Voge

Product Spotlight

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window