where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
UT detection of SG tube sheet cracks
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

04:54 Jul-10-2002

Martin KUNA

Engineering,
VUJE Trnava a.s.,
Slovak Republic,
Joined Nov 1998
UT detection of SG tube sheet cracks

I need information about the UT technique for detection axial cracks in the tube sheet of horizontal steam generator of NPP WWER 440 type. Material of tube sheet is Cr18N10T. The tube sheet has cylindrical shape with inner diameter 800mm and the wall thickness 135mm. Cracks may start from inner surface or from the holes of tube sheet. Inspection possibilty is only from inner side of tube sheet.

05:48 Jul-10-2002
Jim Knowles
Re: UT detection of SG tube sheet cracks : I need information about the UT technique for detection axial cracks in the tube sheet of horizontal steam generator of NPP WWER 440 type. Material of tube sheet is Cr18N10T. The tube sheet has cylindrical shape with inner diameter 800mm and the wall thickness 135mm. Cracks may start from inner surface or from the holes of tube sheet. Inspection possibilty is only from inner side of tube sheet.
It may be possible to supply special tube to tube sheet scanner for this geometry using conventional ultrasonic equipment.
Please provide detail and sizes for consideration.

08:22 Jul-11-2002

Leif Jeppesen

R & D
FORCE Technology,
Denmark,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: UT detection of SG tube sheet cracks Dera Sir,,

A scanner for WWER steam generator inspection has already been made for the P-scan System 4 and is used by one of our customers. The scanner can be seen at www.p-scan.com under the "Spec. applications scanners" tab. If you provide me with you address I can forward a CD showing the operation of the 5-axis scanner.

Regards

Leif Jeppesen

: I need information about the UT technique for detection axial cracks in the tube sheet of horizontal steam generator of NPP WWER 440 type. Material of tube sheet is Cr18N10T. The tube sheet has cylindrical shape with inner diameter 800mm and the wall thickness 135mm. Cracks may start from inner surface or from the holes of tube sheet. Inspection possibilty is only from inner side of tube sheet.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|