where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE
The Ultrasound Institute can develop new advanced ultrasonic measurement, imaging and NDT techniques for non-conventional applications.
Technical Discussions
Maxim
Engineering, Offshore Oil & Gas Structures
State Oil & Gas University of Russia, Moscow, Russia, Joined Jul 2002, 1

Maxim

Engineering, Offshore Oil & Gas Structures
State Oil & Gas University of Russia, Moscow,
Russia,
Joined Jul 2002
05:34 Jul-25-2002
internal inspection of the pipeline

Dear Sirs!
Our company is looking for provider of the following kind of service : inspection of the internal surface of the offshore gas pipeline during production. If you have any quatations or offers please contact me via e-mail: mzmzmz@hotbox.ru. I can reply you and give the specification for the a.m. pipeline.
Regards,
Maxim

Richard Kazares
Richard Kazares
06:37 Jul-25-2002
Re: internal inspection of the pipeline
If you are asking about inspection short lengths (up to 30-40 M) of pipe during Production / fabrication of the pipe, we are building an internal "crawler" with both thickness (up to 100% of the wall area) and weld seam (pulse-echo AND TOFD) capbilities to be able to work at lengths to 40 M and Internal Diameter ranges of 250 - 325 mm.

Modifications to the design could be made to extend these dimensional ranges.

The system is based on our existing LSI design - and is an extension of the work already accomplished.

Please feel free to contact me directly at rkazares@ndtautomation.com for more details - assuming I've described your application correctly.

: Dear Sirs!
: Our company is looking for provider of the following kind of service : inspection of the internal surface of the offshore gas pipeline during production. If you have any quatations or offers please contact me via e-mail: mzmzmz@hotbox.ru. I can reply you and give the specification for the a.m. pipeline.
: Regards,
: Maxim

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 280

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
07:39 Jul-30-2002
Re: internal inspection of the pipeline
In service inspection will depend on configuration of the pipeline and availability of launchers and receivers.

If you wnat to keep the line dry it wail have to be a Magnetic Flux Technique. Ultrasonics would provide better resolution but you need to insert a liquid slug.

You should look up companies such as PII, Rosen or alternatively send us details.

Product Spotlight

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

CIVA 2020 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window