where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
internal inspection of the pipeline
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

05:34 Jul-25-2002

Maxim

Engineering, Offshore Oil & Gas Structures
State Oil & Gas University of Russia, Moscow,
Russia,
Joined Jul 2002
internal inspection of the pipeline

Dear Sirs!
Our company is looking for provider of the following kind of service : inspection of the internal surface of the offshore gas pipeline during production. If you have any quatations or offers please contact me via e-mail: mzmzmz@hotbox.ru. I can reply you and give the specification for the a.m. pipeline.
Regards,
Maxim

06:37 Jul-25-2002
Richard Kazares
Re: internal inspection of the pipeline If you are asking about inspection short lengths (up to 30-40 M) of pipe during Production / fabrication of the pipe, we are building an internal "crawler" with both thickness (up to 100% of the wall area) and weld seam (pulse-echo AND TOFD) capbilities to be able to work at lengths to 40 M and Internal Diameter ranges of 250 - 325 mm.

Modifications to the design could be made to extend these dimensional ranges.

The system is based on our existing LSI design - and is an extension of the work already accomplished.

Please feel free to contact me directly at rkazares@ndtautomation.com for more details - assuming I've described your application correctly.

: Dear Sirs!
: Our company is looking for provider of the following kind of service : inspection of the internal surface of the offshore gas pipeline during production. If you have any quatations or offers please contact me via e-mail: mzmzmz@hotbox.ru. I can reply you and give the specification for the a.m. pipeline.
: Regards,
: Maxim

07:39 Jul-30-2002

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: internal inspection of the pipeline In service inspection will depend on configuration of the pipeline and availability of launchers and receivers.

If you wnat to keep the line dry it wail have to be a Magnetic Flux Technique. Ultrasonics would provide better resolution but you need to insert a liquid slug.

You should look up companies such as PII, Rosen or alternatively send us details.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|