where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Sonatest Ltd
From our three distinct business centres in the UK, USA and CANADA, Sonatest design and produce a leading range of high performance ultrasonic NDT equipment and accessories.
Technical Discussions
Pierre MARTY
R & D
Saab Aeronautic, Sweden, Joined Jul 2002, 5

Pierre MARTY

R & D
Saab Aeronautic,
Sweden,
Joined Jul 2002
09:45 Jul-31-2002
Shearography - radiative transfer

I would appreciate some help on a specific shearographic problem :

I am trying to enhance the efficiency of our shearographic equipment by determining the best posible thermal load to apply to a given structure. i.e. I want to answer a question such as : is hallogene light or UV that is better suited to provoc the good strain in a composite plate ? To do so I need to find out about :
1 - the thermal properties of the material (aluminium, composite, honeycomb etc...) : emessivity, absorptivitye, ... as a function of wavelength and temperature
2 - the radiated incident spectrum: luminance(lambda, T)

Does anyone knows where to obtain such informations or alternatively is there someone who already solvced this problem (litterature ?)

Thanks in advance

Pierre MARTY

Product Spotlight

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window