where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Measurement Uncertainty in NDT
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Vidisco Ltd.
Vidisco Ltd. is the leading designer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art Digital Radiography systems.

09:18 Aug-01-2002
S S Ananthan
Measurement Uncertainty in NDT

Hello,

I am interested in knowing the methodlogy for calculating the uncertainty in different Techniques of NDT to meet the requirements of ISO 17025, the standard for " Quality Systems for Testing laboratories ". Are there any suggestions on any guidelines ?

Thank You.

S S Ananthan

05:01 Aug-01-2002

Scott Longstreet

NDT Inspector, Metallographer
Areospace,
USA,
Joined Apr 2002
Re: Measurement Uncertainty in NDT : Hello,
: I am interested in knowing the methodlogy for calculating the uncertainty in different Techniques of NDT to meet the requirements of ISO 17025, the standard for " Quality Systems for Testing laboratories ". Are there any suggestions on any guidelines ?
: Thank You.
: S S Ananthan
ANSI/NCSL Z540 May be of some help?

03:22 Aug-02-2002

wang

Consultant
United Kingdom,
Joined Apr 2002
Re: Measurement Uncertainty in NDT Hi

I posted something on Probability of detection on this forum some time ago. Two publications were recommeneded as a result.

Have fun

Wang

There are two publications I work from regarding PODs.
The first is the DOD/FAA pub "Reliability Assessment at Airline Inspection Facilities, V1: A Generic Protocol for Inspection Reliabilty Experiemnts", 1992.
The second publication is the DOD Hanbook "Nondestructive Evaluation System Reliability Assessment MIL-HNBK-1823, 30 Aprol 1999.
You may find the "format" you are looking for in these very informative publications.

04:04 Aug-02-2002
Chris Coughlin
Re: Measurement Uncertainty in NDT Hopefully this doesn't sound too self-serving, but NTIAC sells an NDE Capabilities Data Book sponsored by the FAA that has among other things over 400 POD curves and presents guidelines on how to meet critical flaw detection requirements and demonstrating NDE process capabilities. For more information on the book, visit http://www.ntiac.com/pubs/databk3.html or our main page at http://www.ntiac.com.

Hope this helps,
Chris

: Hello,
: I am interested in knowing the methodlogy for calculating the uncertainty in different Techniques of NDT to meet the requirements of ISO 17025, the standard for " Quality Systems for Testing laboratories ". Are there any suggestions on any guidelines ?
: Thank You.
: S S Ananthan

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|