where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON International GmbH
X-ray and CT based NDT systems for a wide range of industrial applications.

Technical Discussions
Jose Rios
Jose Rios
07:50 Nov-10-1998
bimorph bender transducer

Dear experts,

to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

Thanks in advance.

Afshin Madinei
Afshin Madinei
09:13 Dec-23-1998
Re: bimorph bender transducer
: Dear experts,

: to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

: My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

: I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

: Thanks in advance.

M. Simon
M. Simon
01:12 Feb-19-1999

Rainer Meier
R & D
retired from intelligeNDT Systems & Services, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 15

Rainer Meier

R & D
retired from intelligeNDT Systems & Services,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
01:05 Feb-26-1999
: Dear experts,

: to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

: My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

: I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

: Thanks in advance.

The properties of bender widely vary depending on the design (monomorph, bimorph, trimorph), driving
conditions and PZT material. Basic relations for example are given in the company paper
"Piecoelectric Ceramics", Philips Components, Eindhoven, The Netherlands (1991). A paper covering
the topic with 95 citations: Jan G. Smits et al., Sensors and Actuators A, 28 (1991) pp. 41 - 61.

Rainer Meier
on behalf of
Dr. Karl Lubitz
E-mail: Karl.Lubitz@mchp.siemens.de

k.rochdi
k.rochdi
03:08 Mar-16-1999
: : Dear experts,

: : to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

: : My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

: : I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

: : Thanks in advance.

:
: The properties of bender widely vary depending on the design (monomorph, bimorph, trimorph), driving
: conditions and PZT material. Basic relations for example are given in the company paper
: "Piecoelectric Ceramics", Philips Components, Eindhoven, The Netherlands (1991). A paper covering
: the topic with 95 citations: Jan G. Smits et al., Sensors and Actuators A, 28 (1991) pp. 41 - 61.

: Rainer Meier
: on behalf of
: Dr. Karl Lubitz
: E-mail: Karl.Lubitz@mchp.siemens.de

Product Spotlight

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s