where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

NDTSS - Non Destructive Testing Society of Singapore
Visit us at SINCE 2019

Technical Discussions
Milan
NDT Inspector
U.S.Steel Kosice s.r.o, Slovak Republic, Joined Aug 2002, 4

Milan

NDT Inspector
U.S.Steel Kosice s.r.o,
Slovak Republic,
Joined Aug 2002
03:34 Aug-12-2002
Thickness measurement

Hello everybody.
May somebody help me?
I need measure thickness of pipewall but I have one trouble.
Diameter of pipeline is 2500mm, and thickness of pipe wall is about 6-10mm.
I have apparatus DM-2LCDM with transducer DA211.
And what trouble?
This pipe is in blast furnance. Its leaning gas tubing.Entrance to the pipeline is only from one side(from above), and is impossible go round all pipe because its much high(60m).But I need measure all surface, but my hand is too short.(diameter 2500mm). Do you know how can I solve this trouble?
Thank you.
Milan
Sorry for my poor english.

Richard Kazares
Richard Kazares
06:44 Aug-12-2002
Re: Thickness measurement
You have an interesting problem - and I think we have a good solution for you - we manufacture a CONFIGURABLE magnetic scanner - that can easly go around the inside of a 2500 mm pipe - and perform a 100% thickness survery for you.

If you follow the link below to our website and get information on LSI (Large Structure Inspection) System.

It would be more than likely that we can help you perform this test - we have systems available for use in North America (4 systems), Europe (4 systems), the Middle East (1 system), South America (2 systems) and Japan (1 system).

Alternatively, you may contact me directly for more information.

Richard Kazares
General Manager
NDT Automation
1-619-716-4123

: Hello everybody.
: May somebody help me?
: I need measure thickness of pipewall but I have one trouble.
: Diameter of pipeline is 2500mm, and thickness of pipe wall is about 6-10mm.
: I have apparatus DM-2LCDM with transducer DA211.
: And what trouble?
: This pipe is in blast furnance. Its leaning gas tubing.Entrance to the pipeline is only from one side(from above), and is impossible go round all pipe because its much high(60m).But I need measure all surface, but my hand is too short.(diameter 2500mm). Do you know how can I solve this trouble?
: Thank you.
: Milan
: Sorry for my poor english.

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 785

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
07:30 Aug-13-2002
Re: Thickness measurement
From what Mr.Milan wrote, I got the impression that he cannot access the ID of the pipe, but can access the pipe only from OD and that too from above. In such a case, a magnetic crawler or a ring with the probe mounted by a spring so that contact is assured can be tried.

If he clarifies the access (from OD or ID), the solutions can be thought of.

: You have an interesting problem - and I think we have a good solution for you - we manufacture a CONFIGURABLE magnetic scanner - that can easly go around the inside of a 2500 mm pipe - and perform a 100% thickness survery for you.
: If you follow the link below to our website and get information on LSI (Large Structure Inspection) System.
: It would be more than likely that we can help you perform this test - we have systems available for use in North America (4 systems), Europe (4 systems), the Middle East (1 system), South America (2 systems) and Japan (1 system).
: Alternatively, you may contact me directly for more information.
: Richard Kazares
: General Manager
: NDT Automation
: 1-619-716-4123
: : Hello everybody.
: : May somebody help me?
: : I need measure thickness of pipewall but I have one trouble.
: : Diameter of pipeline is 2500mm, and thickness of pipe wall is about 6-10mm.
: : I have apparatus DM-2LCDM with transducer DA211.
: : And what trouble?
: : This pipe is in blast furnance. Its leaning gas tubing.Entrance to the pipeline is only from one side(from above), and is impossible go round all pipe because its much high(60m).But I need measure all surface, but my hand is too short.(diameter 2500mm). Do you know how can I solve this trouble?
: : Thank you.
: : Milan
: : Sorry for my poor english.
: .

Product Spotlight

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window