where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Thickness measurement
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

TecScan Systems
We offer a complete line of NDT scanners, Immersion Tanks & Gantry systems which incorporate Ultrasonic, Phased Array & Eddy Current technologies.

03:34 Aug-12-2002

Milan

NDT Inspector
U.S.Steel Kosice s.r.o,
Slovak Republic,
Joined Aug 2002
Thickness measurement

Hello everybody.
May somebody help me?
I need measure thickness of pipewall but I have one trouble.
Diameter of pipeline is 2500mm, and thickness of pipe wall is about 6-10mm.
I have apparatus DM-2LCDM with transducer DA211.
And what trouble?
This pipe is in blast furnance. Its leaning gas tubing.Entrance to the pipeline is only from one side(from above), and is impossible go round all pipe because its much high(60m).But I need measure all surface, but my hand is too short.(diameter 2500mm). Do you know how can I solve this trouble?
Thank you.
Milan
Sorry for my poor english.

06:44 Aug-12-2002
Richard Kazares
Re: Thickness measurement You have an interesting problem - and I think we have a good solution for you - we manufacture a CONFIGURABLE magnetic scanner - that can easly go around the inside of a 2500 mm pipe - and perform a 100% thickness survery for you.

If you follow the link below to our website and get information on LSI (Large Structure Inspection) System.

It would be more than likely that we can help you perform this test - we have systems available for use in North America (4 systems), Europe (4 systems), the Middle East (1 system), South America (2 systems) and Japan (1 system).

Alternatively, you may contact me directly for more information.

Richard Kazares
General Manager
NDT Automation
1-619-716-4123

: Hello everybody.
: May somebody help me?
: I need measure thickness of pipewall but I have one trouble.
: Diameter of pipeline is 2500mm, and thickness of pipe wall is about 6-10mm.
: I have apparatus DM-2LCDM with transducer DA211.
: And what trouble?
: This pipe is in blast furnance. Its leaning gas tubing.Entrance to the pipeline is only from one side(from above), and is impossible go round all pipe because its much high(60m).But I need measure all surface, but my hand is too short.(diameter 2500mm). Do you know how can I solve this trouble?
: Thank you.
: Milan
: Sorry for my poor english.

07:30 Aug-13-2002

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: Thickness measurement From what Mr.Milan wrote, I got the impression that he cannot access the ID of the pipe, but can access the pipe only from OD and that too from above. In such a case, a magnetic crawler or a ring with the probe mounted by a spring so that contact is assured can be tried.

If he clarifies the access (from OD or ID), the solutions can be thought of.

: You have an interesting problem - and I think we have a good solution for you - we manufacture a CONFIGURABLE magnetic scanner - that can easly go around the inside of a 2500 mm pipe - and perform a 100% thickness survery for you.
: If you follow the link below to our website and get information on LSI (Large Structure Inspection) System.
: It would be more than likely that we can help you perform this test - we have systems available for use in North America (4 systems), Europe (4 systems), the Middle East (1 system), South America (2 systems) and Japan (1 system).
: Alternatively, you may contact me directly for more information.
: Richard Kazares
: General Manager
: NDT Automation
: 1-619-716-4123
: : Hello everybody.
: : May somebody help me?
: : I need measure thickness of pipewall but I have one trouble.
: : Diameter of pipeline is 2500mm, and thickness of pipe wall is about 6-10mm.
: : I have apparatus DM-2LCDM with transducer DA211.
: : And what trouble?
: : This pipe is in blast furnance. Its leaning gas tubing.Entrance to the pipeline is only from one side(from above), and is impossible go round all pipe because its much high(60m).But I need measure all surface, but my hand is too short.(diameter 2500mm). Do you know how can I solve this trouble?
: : Thank you.
: : Milan
: : Sorry for my poor english.
: .

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|