where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Research groups on Eddy Current
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Innovation Polymers
Custom Properties & Custom Shapes Innovation Polymers will work with your team to help develop specific required characteristics for the material you need.

07:47 Aug-13-2002
Weihua Mao
Research groups on Eddy Current

Is there anyone can tell me some research groups working on Eddy Current Technology?

Thanks

08:11 Aug-13-2002

Joe Buckley, Sonatest Plc

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Research groups on Eddy Current It's a big subject - most of the reseach is industry specific - can you give us an idea of your area of interest?

Joe

: Is there anyone can tell me some research groups working on Eddy Current Technology?
: Thanks

05:26 Aug-14-2002
Weihua Mao
Re: Research groups on Eddy Current : It's a big subject - most of the reseach is industry specific - can you give us an idea of your area of interest?
: Joe

You are right. It is too big.
Actually, I am very intereted in the problem with corrosion and cracks in large diameter (>1m) iron pipes. There are thick coating (1cm) on the surface.

Thanks.

08:51 Aug-14-2002
Steve Whytock
Re: Research groups on Eddy Current Our research and development group at RTD Quality Services bv. (Netherlands) is continually improving on the pulsed eddy current technology, with further developments to our RTD-INCOTEST system (Insulated Component Test)and other eddy current technologies. Another group that has conducted testing is EPRI, with whom we have been in discussions to advance the pulsed eddy current technology. Please see our Netherlands Web Page at www.rtdquality.nl or our North American page link.

07:10 Sep-18-2002

Don

Engineering
Rolls Royce,
United Kingdom,
Joined Sep 2002
Re: Research groups on Eddy Current : You are right. It is too big.
: Actually, I am very intereted in the problem with corrosion and cracks in large diameter (>1m) iron pipes. There are thick coating (1cm) on the surface.
: Thanks.
Sounds to me like you should use Alternating Current Field Measurement (ACFM). This will inspect through thick non conducting coatings and is used on pipework welds in the offshore industry.
Let me know if you want more details
Don

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|