where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

EXTENDE
EXTENDE, optimize your NDT inspections projects thanks to simulation.
Technical Discussions
Weihua Mao
Weihua Mao
07:47 Aug-13-2002
Research groups on Eddy Current

Is there anyone can tell me some research groups working on Eddy Current Technology?

Thanks

Joe Buckley, Sonatest Plc
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 522

Joe Buckley, Sonatest Plc

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
08:11 Aug-13-2002
Re: Research groups on Eddy Current
It's a big subject - most of the reseach is industry specific - can you give us an idea of your area of interest?

Joe

: Is there anyone can tell me some research groups working on Eddy Current Technology?
: Thanks

Weihua Mao
Weihua Mao
05:26 Aug-14-2002
: It's a big subject - most of the reseach is industry specific - can you give us an idea of your area of interest?
: Joe

You are right. It is too big.
Actually, I am very intereted in the problem with corrosion and cracks in large diameter (>1m) iron pipes. There are thick coating (1cm) on the surface.

Thanks.

Steve Whytock
Steve Whytock
08:51 Aug-14-2002
Our research and development group at RTD Quality Services bv. (Netherlands) is continually improving on the pulsed eddy current technology, with further developments to our RTD-INCOTEST system (Insulated Component Test)and other eddy current technologies. Another group that has conducted testing is EPRI, with whom we have been in discussions to advance the pulsed eddy current technology. Please see our Netherlands Web Page at www.rtdquality.nl or our North American page link.

Don
Engineering
Rolls Royce, United Kingdom, Joined Sep 2002, 5

Don

Engineering
Rolls Royce,
United Kingdom,
Joined Sep 2002
07:10 Sep-18-2002
: You are right. It is too big.
: Actually, I am very intereted in the problem with corrosion and cracks in large diameter (>1m) iron pipes. There are thick coating (1cm) on the surface.
: Thanks.
Sounds to me like you should use Alternating Current Field Measurement (ACFM). This will inspect through thick non conducting coatings and is used on pipework welds in the offshore industry.
Let me know if you want more details
Don

Product Spotlight

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window