where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1219

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
06:53 Nov-16-1998
DIN code

Can anyone advise me of the provisions in DIN pressure vessle codes
(which DIN codes are applicable) to permit UT instead of RT on welds and then
what acceptance criteria is applicable.

i was told to look up DIN 17102 W STE 355 but it seems to be the code for making the plate!

Ed

Rolf
Director, Editor
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 602

Rolf

Director, Editor
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
00:32 Nov-17-1998
Re: DIN code
: Can anyone advise me of the provisions in DIN pressure vessle codes
: (which DIN codes are applicable) to permit UT instead of RT on welds and then
: what acceptance criteria is applicable.

: i was told to look up DIN 17102 W STE 355 but it seems to be the code for making the plate!

: Ed
-------------------

Ed,

I struggled on the 'www.din.de' database.
You may try to continue my broken search - good luck :-)
Unfortunately they offer a very poor search form.
No boolean features and other problems, the help file is in German only.
On the other hand DIN sells also European standards.
DIN therms should usually be in German, search for
'Druckbehaelter' or in English 'preasure-vessel' ?!

Some examples of the search problems:
For search argument 'zerstörungsfrei%' (nondestructive)
No. of records retrieved 268,
For search argument 'Druckbehälter'.
No. of records retrieved 267
That are to many hits, but without the AND function I cannot
narrow it by weld or vessel.

You may look more close to the HP 3/5 code.
Also there is a new 'Druckbehaelter' Guideline from the DGZfP,
however which is only in German available.
Please feel free to contact me if you need any further help.

Rolf

BTW: I prefer to give answers for other todays forum questions of
contact addresses directly to the poster.

Udo Schlengermann
Consultant, -
Standards Consulting, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 174

Udo Schlengermann

Consultant, -
Standards Consulting,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
04:37 Nov-19-1998
Re: DIN code on pressure vessels
. 449
D-50939 Cologne, Germany

I do not know existing specifications in this field allowing to replace RT by UT completely.
Perhaps someone told you of the European Standard on weld testing, where for defined plate thicknesses it is allowed to use UT or RT alternatively.
This standard is EN 12062:
Nondestructive testing of welds - General rules for metallic materials. (Oct. 1997)

Udo

+++++++++++++++++++

: Can anyone advise me of the provisions in DIN pressure vessel codes

: i was told to look up DIN 17102 W STE 355 but it seems to be the code for making the plate!

Rolf Diederichs
Director, Editor
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 602

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
01:56 Nov-20-1998
Is there a need for qualification of manufacturing NDT inspections in the pressure equipment indiustry ?
: Can anyone advise me of the provisions in DIN pressure vessle codes

---------------------

Just these days I received the prgram of a workshop which is organised by the Technical Task Force 3 Inspection of the European Pressure Equipment Research Council (EPERC).

'Is there a need for qualification of manufacturing NDT inspections in the pressure equipment indiustry ?'

This workshop will take place on 25 and 26 November 1998 and is hosted by the Joint Research Centre of Petten, The Netherlands. At the workshop presentations will be made by some of the main actors active in the field of NDT for manufacturing of pressure equipment. The workshop will be concluded by a panel discussion.

PARTICIPATION IN THE MEETING IS FREE !!
However, the deadline for registration was November 4, 1988.

The address of the secretariat of the workshop is:
European Commission
Joint Research Centre
P.O. Box 2, NL - 1755 W Petten, The Netherlands
For the attention of Mrs. P. Lejuste
Phone: +31.224.565118, Fax: +31.224.561432, E-mail: LEJUSTE@JRC.NL

The scientific co-ordination of the workshop is done by P. Lemaitre (co-chairman of the EPERC Technical Task Force 3) and L. Fabbri of JRC Petten, with the help of the members of this technical task force.

EPERC is part of the European Networks for Structural Integrity
http://science.jrc.nl/www/jrc/iam/sci-unit/networks/networks.html

---- Extracted from the Homepage:
EPERC (European Pressure Equipment Research Council) aims at the support of the Non-Nuclear Pressure Equipment Industry, not yet grouped in a "corporation": manufacturers, users, service vendors, regulators, R&D organisations.

EPERC wishes to identify R&D priorities for the sector, to stimulate funding for these priorities, to organise co-operative projects on these priorities, to disseminate results in particular to SME’s, to reduce redundancy, to develop inputs to the codes and standards.

One of the 4 Technical task forces: TF 3: Harmonisation of Inspection Programming in Europe

Propose R&D activities aimed at harmonisation of PE inspection practices in Europe. One element of this work is the incorporation of the nuclear industry’s performance demonstration practises developed under the ENIQ programme, into the non-nuclear domain.
-----

Rolf Diederichs

john thomas
john thomas
01:24 Jan-28-2000
Re: DIN 17102
what is your best recomended U.S.brand welding rod or FCAW wires to used in welding TSte 355 steel grade with the DIN 17102 standard

best rgs

john

Udo Schlengermann
Consultant, -
Standards Consulting, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 174

Udo Schlengermann

Consultant, -
Standards Consulting,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
02:39 Feb-01-2000
reply by Udo Schlengermann
(uschlengermann@krautkramer.de)

There is no standard DIN 17102!

We are a manufacturer of ultrasonic testing equipment, therefore I can give no advice on best welding equipment.

Sorry,

Udo Schlengermann
+++++++++++++++++

: what is your best recomended U.S.brand welding rod or FCAW wires to used in welding TSte 355 steel grade with the DIN 17102 standard

: best rgs

: john

Mahdi SHAHVERDI
Mahdi SHAHVERDI
07:03 May-09-2001
: What is the mean stress in TRD 301?
Please explain about formulation Number 18-21 in
TRD 310
Thank You

Beyza
Beyza
00:22 Dec-24-2001
DIN 53887
I am looking for the DIN code # 53887
Please inform.

Yanlin Hou
Yanlin Hou
02:48 Feb-12-2002
Re: DIN 53887
Does Air Permeability of Paper filter media testing use DIN 53887 or DIN 44956?

Product Spotlight

Exertus Dual 120

The Exertus Dual 120 Projector has the ability to accept Iridium 192 sources or Selenium 75 source
s. This projector incorporates design and safety features that make it flexible, compact and lightweight. The Projector is lighter than most of its competitors. It incorporates an improved source channel, based on a new helicoidal design, which makes maintenance easier. The helicoidal design also allows smoother movement of the source assembly inside the device, making it easier for the operator and improving safety. The Projector also has a unique safety feature not found in competitive products. The source assembly locking mechanism is triggered by the source holder capsule at the front of the source assembly, thereby always assuring the operator that the source has returned to the safe position. The Exertus Dual 120 is ISO3999:2004 compliant.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

EPOCH 6LT

The EPOCH 6LT flaw detector is optimized for one-handed operation in rope access and high-portab
ility applications. Lightweight with a grip-oriented weight distribution, the instrument fits securely in a user’s hand or can be strapped to their leg using the rope access accessory kit. The clear, bright screen makes A-scans readable in any light while the intuitive software enables fast navigation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s