where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Mahmoud Mohamed
Mahmoud Mohamed
04:36 Sep-07-2002
X-ray with more than 400KVA

I want to know if there a portable X-ray machine with power more than 400 KVA

rodney fordham
Consultant
United Kingdom, Joined Feb 2002, 12

rodney fordham

Consultant
United Kingdom,
Joined Feb 2002
02:16 Sep-08-2002
Re: X-ray with more than 400KVA
: I want to know if there a portable X-ray machine with power more than 400 KVA
:
.do you mean:

with a greater accelerating voltage than 400 kilovolts?

if so then a radioactive gamma ray source might be preferable? cobalt 60 1000 kilovolts for example - 5 year half life - readily available.

Troy Foster
Engineering, X-ray Inspection Systems
Willick Engineering Company, USA, Joined Feb 2000, 6

Troy Foster

Engineering, X-ray Inspection Systems
Willick Engineering Company,
USA,
Joined Feb 2000
06:52 Sep-09-2002
: I want to know if there a portable X-ray machine with power more than 400 KVA
:
It all depends on what you call portable. We have "trans-portable" 450 kV x-ray sets. If interested, e-mail me troy@willick.com

Good Luck!

Richard Milligan
Richard Milligan
05:09 Sep-10-2002
: : I want to know if there a portable X-ray machine with power more than 400 KVA
: :
: .
: It all depends on what you call portable. We have "trans-portable" 450 kV x-ray sets. If interested, e-mail me troy@willick.com

We have 6 Mev units that are somewhat portable. However they do require a small truck crane when
making multiple exposures at different levels.
: Good Luck!

Product Spotlight

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Ultrasonic Flaw Detector & Thickness Gauge: Smartor

SIUI’s newly launched Smartor is a combination of ultrasonic testing and ultrasonic thickness me
asurement. ●IP 66 ●Compact size: 198 (W)* 128 (H) *520 (D) mm ●0.9kg only with battery ●5.7" LCD with high resolution 640×480 pixels ●One-hand operation ●Multiple conventional UT functions ●Smart Test Wizard ●Weld Simulation
>

35 years of VOGT Ultrasonics!

This year we are celebrating a company anniversary! 35 years have passed since we first took our t
est device and swung the probe on behalf of safety. But our ultrasonic know-how goes back many years..
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s