where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Teletest

Technical Discussions
AxlZ W. AekZ
R & D
King mongkut's university of technology Thonburi, Thailand, Joined Jun 2001, 16

AxlZ W. AekZ

R & D
King mongkut's university of technology Thonburi,
Thailand,
Joined Jun 2001
06:22 Sep-14-2002
Is ultrasonic can test vulcanization of rubber?

I want to know a probability of ultrasonic to test a vulcanization of rubber.

Yours Sincerely
AxlZ W. AekZ

Joerg Collrep
Joerg Collrep
07:35 Sep-16-2002
Re: Is ultrasonic can test vulcanization of rubber?
We are successfully testing vulcanization of rubber on tires with shearography. It's a very simple, fast and full-field test method which is fully introduced into the re-treading business as well as for new tires. This technique is also very successful on other metal/rubber parts and many bonded materials. For information pls visit our homepage or reply to me directly.

: I want to know a probability of ultrasonic to test a vulcanization of rubber.
: Yours Sincerely
: AxlZ W. AekZ

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 604

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
08:41 Sep-16-2002
When you measure the thickness of rubber you have usually an unwanted
ultrasonic velocity change caused by the rubber material properties, e.g. vulcanization.
I guess that it is possible to measure the sound velocity to determine the vulcanization.

Rolf Diederichs

: I want to know a probability of ultrasonic to test a vulcanization of rubber.
: Yours Sincerely
: AxlZ W. AekZ

Lionel Reyes
Lionel Reyes
05:19 Sep-18-2002
Yes you can! I am the designer of a machine that is currently in the market.It uses through transmission of ultra-sound and it displays the small changes in density.It covers bead to bead, to a resolution of 2X2mm.It also sees porosity and separations.

Contact myself on reyes@btconnect.com

Product Spotlight

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window