where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
AxlZ W. AekZ
R & D
King mongkut's university of technology Thonburi, Thailand, Joined Jun 2001, 16

AxlZ W. AekZ

R & D
King mongkut's university of technology Thonburi,
Thailand,
Joined Jun 2001
06:22 Sep-14-2002
Is ultrasonic can test vulcanization of rubber?

I want to know a probability of ultrasonic to test a vulcanization of rubber.

Yours Sincerely
AxlZ W. AekZ

Joerg Collrep
Joerg Collrep
07:35 Sep-16-2002
Re: Is ultrasonic can test vulcanization of rubber?
We are successfully testing vulcanization of rubber on tires with shearography. It's a very simple, fast and full-field test method which is fully introduced into the re-treading business as well as for new tires. This technique is also very successful on other metal/rubber parts and many bonded materials. For information pls visit our homepage or reply to me directly.

: I want to know a probability of ultrasonic to test a vulcanization of rubber.
: Yours Sincerely
: AxlZ W. AekZ

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 617

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
08:41 Sep-16-2002
When you measure the thickness of rubber you have usually an unwanted
ultrasonic velocity change caused by the rubber material properties, e.g. vulcanization.
I guess that it is possible to measure the sound velocity to determine the vulcanization.

Rolf Diederichs

: I want to know a probability of ultrasonic to test a vulcanization of rubber.
: Yours Sincerely
: AxlZ W. AekZ

Lionel Reyes
Lionel Reyes
05:19 Sep-18-2002
Yes you can! I am the designer of a machine that is currently in the market.It uses through transmission of ultra-sound and it displays the small changes in density.It covers bead to bead, to a resolution of 2X2mm.It also sees porosity and separations.

Contact myself on reyes@btconnect.com

Product Spotlight

On Demand Webinar: Using Eddy Current Array for Large Areas in Place of Magnetic Particle and Liquid Penetrant Testing

New on-demand webinar on the use of eddy current array (ECA) technology in lieu of liquid penetrant
testing (PT) and magnetic particle testing (MT) for large area screenings. The webinar includes an introduction to the technologies with advantages and disadvantages of each. Side by side examples are discussed including aircraft stringers, engine blades, forgings, weld plates & more. View it today.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Echomac® PA Bar Tester

The Echomac® PA BT provides 100% inspection of round bars for core and surface defects, at speeds u
p to 2 m/sec, depending on the specific application. The unit allows producers to handle a much larger range of diameters in one installation, and is available in 3 models to test 10 – 75mm diameter (small model); 20 – 130mm (medium model) or 50 – 254mm (large model) bars.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window