where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc.
Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc. specializes in the design of small portable AE instruments for field and lab use.
Technical Discussions
AxlZ W. AekZ
R & D
King mongkut's university of technology Thonburi, Thailand, Joined Jun 2001, 16

AxlZ W. AekZ

R & D
King mongkut's university of technology Thonburi,
Thailand,
Joined Jun 2001
06:22 Sep-14-2002
Is ultrasonic can test vulcanization of rubber?

I want to know a probability of ultrasonic to test a vulcanization of rubber.

Yours Sincerely
AxlZ W. AekZ

Joerg Collrep
Joerg Collrep
07:35 Sep-16-2002
Re: Is ultrasonic can test vulcanization of rubber?
We are successfully testing vulcanization of rubber on tires with shearography. It's a very simple, fast and full-field test method which is fully introduced into the re-treading business as well as for new tires. This technique is also very successful on other metal/rubber parts and many bonded materials. For information pls visit our homepage or reply to me directly.

: I want to know a probability of ultrasonic to test a vulcanization of rubber.
: Yours Sincerely
: AxlZ W. AekZ

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 609

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
08:41 Sep-16-2002
When you measure the thickness of rubber you have usually an unwanted
ultrasonic velocity change caused by the rubber material properties, e.g. vulcanization.
I guess that it is possible to measure the sound velocity to determine the vulcanization.

Rolf Diederichs

: I want to know a probability of ultrasonic to test a vulcanization of rubber.
: Yours Sincerely
: AxlZ W. AekZ

Lionel Reyes
Lionel Reyes
05:19 Sep-18-2002
Yes you can! I am the designer of a machine that is currently in the market.It uses through transmission of ultra-sound and it displays the small changes in density.It covers bead to bead, to a resolution of 2X2mm.It also sees porosity and separations.

Contact myself on reyes@btconnect.com

Product Spotlight

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

OmniScan™ X3 flaw detector

The OmniScan X3 flaw detector is a complete phased array toolbox. Powerful tools, like total focus
ing method (TFM) images and advanced visualization capabilities, enable you to complete your inspection with greater confidence.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window