where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Vallen-Systeme GmbH
The Acoustic Emission Company! Since 1987 Vallen stands for competence and continuity in AE and for reliable business cooperation and support.

Technical Discussions
AxlZ W. AekZ
R & D
King mongkut's university of technology Thonburi, Thailand, Joined Jun 2001, 16

AxlZ W. AekZ

R & D
King mongkut's university of technology Thonburi,
Thailand,
Joined Jun 2001
06:22 Sep-14-2002
Is ultrasonic can test vulcanization of rubber?

I want to know a probability of ultrasonic to test a vulcanization of rubber.

Yours Sincerely
AxlZ W. AekZ

Joerg Collrep
Joerg Collrep
07:35 Sep-16-2002
Re: Is ultrasonic can test vulcanization of rubber?
We are successfully testing vulcanization of rubber on tires with shearography. It's a very simple, fast and full-field test method which is fully introduced into the re-treading business as well as for new tires. This technique is also very successful on other metal/rubber parts and many bonded materials. For information pls visit our homepage or reply to me directly.

: I want to know a probability of ultrasonic to test a vulcanization of rubber.
: Yours Sincerely
: AxlZ W. AekZ

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 605

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
08:41 Sep-16-2002
When you measure the thickness of rubber you have usually an unwanted
ultrasonic velocity change caused by the rubber material properties, e.g. vulcanization.
I guess that it is possible to measure the sound velocity to determine the vulcanization.

Rolf Diederichs

: I want to know a probability of ultrasonic to test a vulcanization of rubber.
: Yours Sincerely
: AxlZ W. AekZ

Lionel Reyes
Lionel Reyes
05:19 Sep-18-2002
Yes you can! I am the designer of a machine that is currently in the market.It uses through transmission of ultra-sound and it displays the small changes in density.It covers bead to bead, to a resolution of 2X2mm.It also sees porosity and separations.

Contact myself on reyes@btconnect.com

Product Spotlight

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window