where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Is ultrasonic can test vulcanization of rubber?
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

GE Inspection Technologies GmbH
offers equipment, systems and expertise based on ultrasonics, radiography, eddy curreent and remote visual inspection.

06:22 Sep-14-2002

AxlZ W. AekZ

R & D
King mongkut's university of technology Thonburi,
Thailand,
Joined Jun 2001
Is ultrasonic can test vulcanization of rubber?

I want to know a probability of ultrasonic to test a vulcanization of rubber.

Yours Sincerely
AxlZ W. AekZ

07:35 Sep-16-2002
Joerg Collrep
Re: Is ultrasonic can test vulcanization of rubber? We are successfully testing vulcanization of rubber on tires with shearography. It's a very simple, fast and full-field test method which is fully introduced into the re-treading business as well as for new tires. This technique is also very successful on other metal/rubber parts and many bonded materials. For information pls visit our homepage or reply to me directly.

: I want to know a probability of ultrasonic to test a vulcanization of rubber.
: Yours Sincerely
: AxlZ W. AekZ

08:41 Sep-16-2002

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor, Publisher, Internet, PHP MySQL
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Is ultrasonic can test vulcanization of rubber? When you measure the thickness of rubber you have usually an unwanted
ultrasonic velocity change caused by the rubber material properties, e.g. vulcanization.
I guess that it is possible to measure the sound velocity to determine the vulcanization.

Rolf Diederichs

: I want to know a probability of ultrasonic to test a vulcanization of rubber.
: Yours Sincerely
: AxlZ W. AekZ

05:19 Sep-18-2002
Lionel Reyes
Re: Is ultrasonic can test vulcanization of rubber? Yes you can! I am the designer of a machine that is currently in the market.It uses through transmission of ultra-sound and it displays the small changes in density.It covers bead to bead, to a resolution of 2X2mm.It also sees porosity and separations.

Contact myself on reyes@btconnect.com

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|