where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 618

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
00:53 Nov-17-1998
Ultrasonic Testing of Butt Fusion Welded Polyethylene Pipes

In 1997 and 1998 we had some Forum topics on ultrasonic testing of butt fusion welded polyethylene pipes. Jeff Phillips followed up this matter and I am appreciate very much his contribution I received with his email message:

Jeff Phillips wrote:
As from early next month, my email address and web address at Deakin University will be removed from the university servers, due to a change in policy for undergraduate students.

I have attached a file to this email that lists references related to the UT of PE Butt welds. I believe this list should reside somewhere on ndt.net. (See at http://www.ndt.net/publicat/bibliog/utpepipe.htm)

I consider that these references may be useful to others that have an interest in this subject. In particular the GRI Reports, TWI Reports, Krautkramer references and the Journal of Applied Physics articles provide some very good information on this subject.

The assistance of you and many others, certainly helped me uncover many references that I would not normally havefound.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff Phillips - Off Campus Student
Deakin University - Australia
Home Address: 68 Merrett Drive - Williamstown - Victoria - Australia 3016
Home Phone: 61 3 93978615
Email: jeffreyp@deakin.edu.au
WWW: http://www.deakin.edu.au/~jeffreyp

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic Probe Recharacterization Service

NDT Systems offers a comprehensive Aftercare and Recharacterization Service for all our ultrasonic
probes. The Recharacterization Service is fully compliant with International ASTM E1065 Standard Guide (and other applicable standards) and offers complete documentation, traceable to the ASTM E1065 Standard. For more details or to schedule Recharacterization Services contact ndtsales@ndtsystems.com
>

Research and Application Development For NDT

Acuren’s Research and Application Development specializes in the development of advanced ultraso
nic inspection techniques and systems for challenging inspection applications, with an emphasis on practical solutions which are field deployable. Services include manual and automated ultrasonic inspection system development, inspection technique optimization using laboratory scale studies and ultrasonic modeling (CIVA, BeamTool), preparing technical justification for technique evaluation and qualification (Probability of Detection and sizing accuracy studies), inspection/calibration/analysis procedure preparation to support field deployment of custom techniques, and development of custom imaging algorithms to support challenging inspection applications.
>

Portable Ground Penetrating Radar - Proceq GP8000

The Proceq GP8000 portable ground penetrating radar instrument is the beginning of a new era in ND
T. The outstanding, patented ultra- wideband technology combined with a compact wireless probe delivers unmatched industry performance. Proceq GP8000 is the world’s first large-scale inspection solution that utilizes Augmented Reality in industrial applications.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window