where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Tecnatom
Tecnatom has more than 50 years of experience providing services, equipment and systems devoted to NDT testing in several sectors and markets.

Technical Discussions
Rolf Diederichs
Director, Editor
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 602

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
00:53 Nov-17-1998
Ultrasonic Testing of Butt Fusion Welded Polyethylene Pipes

In 1997 and 1998 we had some Forum topics on ultrasonic testing of butt fusion welded polyethylene pipes. Jeff Phillips followed up this matter and I am appreciate very much his contribution I received with his email message:

Jeff Phillips wrote:
As from early next month, my email address and web address at Deakin University will be removed from the university servers, due to a change in policy for undergraduate students.

I have attached a file to this email that lists references related to the UT of PE Butt welds. I believe this list should reside somewhere on ndt.net. (See at http://www.ndt.net/publicat/bibliog/utpepipe.htm)

I consider that these references may be useful to others that have an interest in this subject. In particular the GRI Reports, TWI Reports, Krautkramer references and the Journal of Applied Physics articles provide some very good information on this subject.

The assistance of you and many others, certainly helped me uncover many references that I would not normally havefound.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff Phillips - Off Campus Student
Deakin University - Australia
Home Address: 68 Merrett Drive - Williamstown - Victoria - Australia 3016
Home Phone: 61 3 93978615
Email: jeffreyp@deakin.edu.au
WWW: http://www.deakin.edu.au/~jeffreyp

Product Spotlight

Mentor UT – Ultrasonic Phased Array Flaw Detector

With Mentor UT, you get an accessible and efficient inspection experience. Create user-defined menus
and workflows (“apps”) with GE’s desktop software Mentor Create to ensure consistency, even for the most complex inspections, every time. Mentor UT is the first UT device to easily allow wireless connectivity and live streaming, so you get second opinions when you need them most—in real-time.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

35 years of VOGT Ultrasonics!

This year we are celebrating a company anniversary! 35 years have passed since we first took our t
est device and swung the probe on behalf of safety. But our ultrasonic know-how goes back many years..
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s