where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

TWI
TWI is a global leader in technology engineering providing research and consultancy to its members in the field of materials and selection, joining, inspection, NDT and structural integrity management.

Technical Discussions
Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 604

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
00:53 Nov-17-1998
Ultrasonic Testing of Butt Fusion Welded Polyethylene Pipes

In 1997 and 1998 we had some Forum topics on ultrasonic testing of butt fusion welded polyethylene pipes. Jeff Phillips followed up this matter and I am appreciate very much his contribution I received with his email message:

Jeff Phillips wrote:
As from early next month, my email address and web address at Deakin University will be removed from the university servers, due to a change in policy for undergraduate students.

I have attached a file to this email that lists references related to the UT of PE Butt welds. I believe this list should reside somewhere on ndt.net. (See at http://www.ndt.net/publicat/bibliog/utpepipe.htm)

I consider that these references may be useful to others that have an interest in this subject. In particular the GRI Reports, TWI Reports, Krautkramer references and the Journal of Applied Physics articles provide some very good information on this subject.

The assistance of you and many others, certainly helped me uncover many references that I would not normally havefound.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff Phillips - Off Campus Student
Deakin University - Australia
Home Address: 68 Merrett Drive - Williamstown - Victoria - Australia 3016
Home Phone: 61 3 93978615
Email: jeffreyp@deakin.edu.au
WWW: http://www.deakin.edu.au/~jeffreyp

Product Spotlight

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Panther

The Panther product range combines speed and performance of phased- array ultrasound technology in
a compact format. Targeted towards integrators for inline inspections and laboratories for R&D, Panter products offer a flexible and scalable solution for generic and custom NDT.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window