where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Ultrasonic Testing of Butt Fusion Welded Polyethylene Pipes
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Teletest
Teletest Focus+ was the first system to use long-range guided wave ultrasonic testing to detect corrosion in pipelines.

00:53 Nov-17-1998

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor, Publisher, Internet, PHP MySQL
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Ultrasonic Testing of Butt Fusion Welded Polyethylene Pipes

In 1997 and 1998 we had some Forum topics on ultrasonic testing of butt fusion welded polyethylene pipes. Jeff Phillips followed up this matter and I am appreciate very much his contribution I received with his email message:

Jeff Phillips wrote:
As from early next month, my email address and web address at Deakin University will be removed from the university servers, due to a change in policy for undergraduate students.

I have attached a file to this email that lists references related to the UT of PE Butt welds. I believe this list should reside somewhere on ndt.net. (See at http://www.ndt.net/publicat/bibliog/utpepipe.htm)

I consider that these references may be useful to others that have an interest in this subject. In particular the GRI Reports, TWI Reports, Krautkramer references and the Journal of Applied Physics articles provide some very good information on this subject.

The assistance of you and many others, certainly helped me uncover many references that I would not normally havefound.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff Phillips - Off Campus Student
Deakin University - Australia
Home Address: 68 Merrett Drive - Williamstown - Victoria - Australia 3016
Home Phone: 61 3 93978615
Email: jeffreyp@deakin.edu.au
WWW: http://www.deakin.edu.au/~jeffreyp

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|