where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
inner pipe diammeter measurement
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

04:13 Sep-30-2002

Fernando Monti

R & D,
SIDERCA S.A.I.C.,
Argentina,
Joined Sep 2002
inner pipe diammeter measurement

I should measure the inner diameter of seem less pipes in the range of 144 mm up to 273 mm with a precision of 0.01.
Could somebody help me?.

08:47 Oct-02-2002

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor, Publisher, Internet, PHP MySQL
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: inner pipe diammeter measurement You can use ultrasound, see: http://www.ndt.net/article/rohrext/us_dia/us_dia_e.htm

I believe that krautkramer or Panametrics deliver such system.

Rolf Diederichs

: I should measure the inner diameter of seem less pipes in the range of 144 mm up to 273 mm with a precision of 0.01.
: Could somebody help me?.

06:16 Oct-02-2002

Dr. Patel

R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University,
Canada,
Joined May 2001
Re: inner pipe diammeter measurement : I should measure the inner diameter of seem less pipes in the range of 144 mm up to 273 mm with a precision of 0.01.
: Could somebody help me?.
Fallon Ultrasonics sells pipe diameter measurements system having accuracy of 1 micron. System measures wall thickness (true and average), OD and ID (true and average) ovality and eccentricity. Data are displayed on chart recorded formate and very high speed. System are being used in nulcear industires with flaw system at surface speed of greater than 2 m/s. Please contact me if you need further information. For the measurement accuracy both sensor and system should able to respond to slight variation in positon of tube with repsect to sensor position.

Regards

Dr. Patel

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|