where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE
The Ultrasound Institute can develop new advanced ultrasonic measurement, imaging and NDT techniques for non-conventional applications.

Technical Discussions
Fernando Monti
R & D,
SIDERCA S.A.I.C., Argentina, Joined Sep 2002, 1

Fernando Monti

R & D,
SIDERCA S.A.I.C.,
Argentina,
Joined Sep 2002
04:13 Sep-30-2002
inner pipe diammeter measurement

I should measure the inner diameter of seem less pipes in the range of 144 mm up to 273 mm with a precision of 0.01.
Could somebody help me?.

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 605

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
08:47 Oct-02-2002
Re: inner pipe diammeter measurement
You can use ultrasound, see: http://www.ndt.net/article/rohrext/us_dia/us_dia_e.htm

I believe that krautkramer or Panametrics deliver such system.

Rolf Diederichs

: I should measure the inner diameter of seem less pipes in the range of 144 mm up to 273 mm with a precision of 0.01.
: Could somebody help me?.

Dr. Patel
R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University, Canada, Joined May 2001, 20

Dr. Patel

R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University,
Canada,
Joined May 2001
06:16 Oct-02-2002
Re: inner pipe diammeter measurement
: I should measure the inner diameter of seem less pipes in the range of 144 mm up to 273 mm with a precision of 0.01.
: Could somebody help me?.
Fallon Ultrasonics sells pipe diameter measurements system having accuracy of 1 micron. System measures wall thickness (true and average), OD and ID (true and average) ovality and eccentricity. Data are displayed on chart recorded formate and very high speed. System are being used in nulcear industires with flaw system at surface speed of greater than 2 m/s. Please contact me if you need further information. For the measurement accuracy both sensor and system should able to respond to slight variation in positon of tube with repsect to sensor position.

Regards

Dr. Patel

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window