where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
NDT job listing site?
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
Design and manufacture ultrasonic Transducers, Scanners and Custom Solutions for NDT inspections. Innovators in NDT technology

03:51 Oct-01-2002
Un-Student
NDT job listing site?

Does anyone know of a good resource for searching for NDT/ultrasound jobs?
Thanks!

08:53 Oct-02-2002

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor, Publisher, Internet, PHP MySQL
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: NDT job listing site? In the NDT.net Virtual Library Database I found by
using the Site Type "Employment" this two sites:

http://www.nerinc.com/ner/Index.asp
http://www.pfndt.com/

But you may try also our Classified Ads:
http://www.ndt.net/classif.phtml?read+1.htm

Rolf Diederichs

: Does anyone know of a good resource for searching for NDT/ultrasound jobs?
: Thanks!

09:04 Oct-02-2002

Jason Taylor

Consultant
Oceaneering,
United Kingdom,
Joined Jul 2002
Re: NDT job listing site? : Does anyone know of a good resource for searching for NDT/ultrasound jobs?

Try NDTcabin.com they will even email you the latest NDT jobs. Lots of other NDT news and features as well

04:37 Oct-02-2002
Chris Coughlin
Re: NDT job listing site? : Does anyone know of a good resource for searching for NDT/ultrasound jobs?

I'm writing an article for the next edition of the NTIAC Newsletter that has a few ideas on the subject. Here's some sites to get you started:

* InspectionJobs (www.inspectionjobs.com) is a popular choice that not only lets you submit a resume and view job postings but also has a company profile section.
* NDT.org (www.ndt.org) allows you to post a resume and peruse job opportunities, with regular updates.
* Personnel For Quality and Nondestructive Testing (www.pfndt.com) is a recruiter with many years experience in placing NDE professionals. They also regularly publish a NDE salary survey that is broken down by industry and by region.
* Canadian Institute for NDE (www.csndt.org) lists primarily Canadian opportunities. American and Mexican citizens might be eligible for the TN NAFTA visas, though (check with an immigration lawyer).
* American Society for Nondestructive Testing (www.asnt.org) runs an opportunities page, however you must be an ASNT member to get complete use of the postings.
* New Zealand NonDestructive Testing Association (www.winzurf.co.nz/ndta/) runs the popular NDT@ds employment page, available after you register.
* The British Institute of Nondestructive Testing (www.bindt.org) lists opportunities in Britain.

Hope this helps!
Chris

05:36 Nov-26-2002
han shuyi
Re: NDT job listing site? : Does anyone know of a good resource for searching for NDT/mt ,et jobs?

04:08 Dec-24-2002
chedudupu srinivas
NDT job job

00:36 Dec-28-2002
joe ruiz
Re: NDT job listing site? seeking a position as a ndt level in los angeles area

06:36 Jan-07-2003
ex-military
military to civilian How does a vet get into the civilian job market with only military certifications?

: : Does anyone know of a good resource for searching for NDT/ultrasound jobs?
: : Thanks!
: .
: I'm writing an article for the next edition of the NTIAC Newsletter that has a few ideas on the subject. Here's some sites to get you started:
: * InspectionJobs (www.inspectionjobs.com) is a popular choice that not only lets you submit a resume and view job postings but also has a company profile section.
: * NDT.org (www.ndt.org) allows you to post a resume and peruse job opportunities, with regular updates.
: * Personnel For Quality and Nondestructive Testing (www.pfndt.com) is a recruiter with many years experience in placing NDE professionals. They also regularly publish a NDE salary survey that is broken down by industry and by region.
: * Canadian Institute for NDE (www.csndt.org) lists primarily Canadian opportunities. American and Mexican citizens might be eligible for the TN NAFTA visas, though (check with an immigration lawyer).
: * American Society for Nondestructive Testing (www.asnt.org) runs an opportunities page, however you must be an ASNT member to get complete use of the postings.
: * New Zealand NonDestructive Testing Association (www.winzurf.co.nz/ndta/) runs the popular NDT@ds employment page, available after you register.
: * The British Institute of Nondestructive Testing (www.bindt.org) lists opportunities in Britain.
: Hope this helps!
: Chris

07:26 Jan-07-2003
mathai chacko
Re: NDT job listing site? dear sir,
iam qualified as a level II in UT,RT,MT & PT
and having experience of about 6 years
iam searching for a suitable job
thanking you

regards mathai

04:17 Jan-07-2003
Chris Coughlin
Re: military to civilian One of the options I would investigate would be in applying to companies that do NDE with/for the military. A number of companies do contract work for the DoD, USCG, etc. They would probably be the most "in the know" when it comes to equating military certs with civilian, since they most likely have to have the military certifications to work for the military. If I remember correctly (and others can correct me on this if I'm wrong), a company can "internally" certify its technicians for Level I and II ASNT certification. Of course, some companies may have training programs that would help you get the certification on your own.

: How does a vet get into the civilian job market with only military certifications?
: : : Does anyone know of a good resource for searching for NDT/ultrasound jobs?
: : : Thanks!
: : .
: : I'm writing an article for the next edition of the NTIAC Newsletter that has a few ideas on the subject. Here's some sites to get you started:
: : * InspectionJobs (www.inspectionjobs.com) is a popular choice that not only lets you submit a resume and view job postings but also has a company profile section.
: : * NDT.org (www.ndt.org) allows you to post a resume and peruse job opportunities, with regular updates.
: : * Personnel For Quality and Nondestructive Testing (www.pfndt.com) is a recruiter with many years experience in placing NDE professionals. They also regularly publish a NDE salary survey that is broken down by industry and by region.
: : * Canadian Institute for NDE (www.csndt.org) lists primarily Canadian opportunities. American and Mexican citizens might be eligible for the TN NAFTA visas, though (check with an immigration lawyer).
: : * American Society for Nondestructive Testing (www.asnt.org) runs an opportunities page, however you must be an ASNT member to get complete use of the postings.
: : * New Zealand NonDestructive Testing Association (www.winzurf.co.nz/ndta/) runs the popular NDT@ds employment page, available after you register.
: : * The British Institute of Nondestructive Testing (www.bindt.org) lists opportunities in Britain.
: : Hope this helps!
: : Chris

06:44 Jan-07-2003
DJ Kallhof
Re: military to civilian Past experience, training (classroom & OJT) and passing certification tests is all a part of the qualification process. Certification is meerly it's documentation. All employers certify internally. That certification applies only while you are in their employ. Once you leave a company you leave your certification behind. At the same time you are adding to your qualification record. By the way. Companies internally certify their Level III's as well.

07:01 Jan-07-2003

Scott Longstreet

NDT Inspector, Metallographer
Areospace,
USA,
Joined Apr 2002
Re: military to civilian Chris is correct! And I belive you will find that the majority of NDT facilities are using NAS-410 as the standard for qualification and certification. In any event your new position I'm sure will require testing to meet their type of inspection methods and processes.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|