where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
NDT methods for aero-engine parts
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Matec Instrument Companies, Inc.
Ultrasonic test instrumentation and systems for scientific research, quality control inspection and production testing applications.

00:10 Oct-08-2002

Ramesh Chandra

Engineering, Aerospace Engineer
NAVAIR,
USA,
Joined Oct 2002
NDT methods for aero-engine parts

open literature on current status of ndt methods for aero-engine patrs

01:57 Oct-09-2002

John Hansen

Director, - Eddy Current Technology
ETher NDE Ltd,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: NDT methods for aero-engine parts Eddy current is widely used for this type of inspection.

Our web site has more information (www.hocking.com). The probe catalogue in the product section probably being the best source of basic information.

We also have available copies of our Aerospace Eddy Current video (2nd at ECNDT 2002 Barcelona) email me (jhansen@hocking.com) with you address if you would like a copy.

Rgds

John Hansen

Hocking NDT Ltd
UK

02:56 Oct-11-2002
Bob Cully
Re: NDT methods for aero-engine parts : open literature on current status of ndt methods for aero-engine patrs
Virtually all parts of the engine can be checked using Flourescent Penetrant (FPI); blades,stators,NGV's,discs and casings to name but a few.
The major manufacturers of penetrant are Ardrox (Chemetall), Magnaflux and Brightmore (Ely Chemicals).
We were part of the Ardrox company until a few years ago, when we were sold off to a larger engineering company and Ardrox (part of Brent Chemicals) dealt only with the chemical side of the business. Although completely commercially seperate now, we still maintain strong links with our old colleagues there. We manufacture a wide range of manual, semi-automatic and fully automatic (the Ardrox Carousel) FPI processing plant, and accessories; and have many systems in place processing the above mentioned components.
For further information please contact us on Sales@ArdroxEngineering.com

05:43 Oct-17-2002

Frans Tollenaar

Director
Aims,
Netherlands,
Joined Oct 2002
Re: NDT methods for aero-engine parts Eddycurrent as well as Ultrasonic techniques are widely used in both manual and automated inspection systems. We can offer turnkey solutions for vitually any turbine disc ,spool, shaft etcetera.

05:51 Oct-18-2002

Randy Plis

Sales,
Metals Testing Company,
USA,
Joined Jun 2002
Re: NDT methods for aero-engine parts : open literature on current status of ndt methods for aero-engine patrs
Hello Ramesh,

Various conferences are constantly being held that addresss the current status of aero-engine parts inspection. Doing a search on a specific topic/component should lead you to a specific answer in a conference report such as documented by NDTnet.

As noted by other responses to date, FPI, MPI, UT, and ET are all being used for inspecting various parts. In addition to that list of NDI, I would like to note that chemical etch (such as Blue Etch Anodize for Titanium)is also frequently being used on applicable engine parts. Overview literature on all these methods are available at Metals Testing Company's website: www.mtc62.com

MTC provides aircraft component inspections as a service. All of the above methods (with the exception of ET) are used daily at our facility. If you are interested in an NDI service or the development of a capability, please give us a call.

If you are interested in acquiring a UT and/or ET system, please contact AMDATA NDE Technology at amdatande@aol.com

Best regards,
Randy Plis
Metals Testing Company
South Windsor, Connecticut
USA
+1-960-289-8225

06:55 Oct-18-2002

Randy Plis

Sales,
Metals Testing Company,
USA,
Joined Jun 2002
Re: NDT methods for aero-engine parts : : open literature on current status of ndt methods for aero-engine patrs
: .
:(corrected MTC phone number:+1-860-289-8225)

Hello Ramesh,
: Various conferences are constantly being held that addresss the current status of aero-engine parts inspection. Doing a search on a specific topic/component should lead you to a specific answer in a conference report such as documented by NDTnet.
: As noted by other responses to date, FPI, MPI, UT, and ET are all being used for inspecting various parts. In addition to that list of NDI, I would like to note that chemical etch (such as Blue Etch Anodize for Titanium)is also frequently being used on applicable engine parts. Overview literature on all these methods are available at Metals Testing Company's website: www.mtc62.com
: MTC provides aircraft component inspections as a service. All of the above methods (with the exception of ET) are used daily at our facility. If you are interested in an NDI service or the development of a capability, please give us a call.
: If you are interested in acquiring a UT and/or ET system, please contact AMDATA NDE Technology at amdatande@aol.com
: Best regards,
: Randy Plis
: Metals Testing Company
: South Windsor, Connecticut
: USA
: +1-860-289-8225

09:59 Nov-12-2002

Ramesh Chandra

Engineering, Aerospace Engineer
NAVAIR,
USA,
Joined Oct 2002
Re: NDT methods for aero-engine parts I was looking for some key R&D papers on NDT techniques applied to aero-engine structures. But I could not get any info in that direction. However I got lot of other info.Hence, I request that I do not wish to receive any e-mails on this topic any more.
Ramesh

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|