where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Collin Mal
Collin Mal
04:37 Oct-22-2002
TOFD of Austenitic welds

could anyone please provide me with their practical assesment of using TOFD for the testing of austenitic welds in a production enviroment, i.e. welds with the range of production problems such as Hi/Low.
I would greatly appreciate your input as to the pro's and con's of this system
cheers
Collin

Randy Plis
Sales, Consultant
AMDATA NDE Technology LLC, USA, Joined Oct 1999, 23

Randy Plis

Sales, Consultant
AMDATA NDE Technology LLC,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
06:16 Oct-22-2002
Re: TOFD of Austenitic welds
Hello Collin,

Could you provide more information about your specific application such as pipe diameter, wall thickness, flaw types,inspection rate, etc.?

Having such information will then allow us to determine the applicability of TOFD for your application.

Best regards,
Randy Plis
AMDATA NDE Technology
www.amdatande.com

Lee Deng
Lee Deng
05:32 Dec-05-2002
Re: TOFD of Austenitic welds
Please visit www.usultratek.com to find what you need.
Let me know if you need more information.

Lee Deng

: could anyone please provide me with their practical assesment of using TOFD for the testing of austenitic welds in a production enviroment, i.e. welds with the range of production problems such as Hi/Low.
: I would greatly appreciate your input as to the pro's and con's of this system
: cheers
: Collin

Product Spotlight

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window