where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

DASEL SISTEMAS
Our Phased Array equipments, based on SITAU Technology, are among the PAS highest performance in the market.
Technical Discussions
Collin Mal
Collin Mal
04:37 Oct-22-2002
TOFD of Austenitic welds

could anyone please provide me with their practical assesment of using TOFD for the testing of austenitic welds in a production enviroment, i.e. welds with the range of production problems such as Hi/Low.
I would greatly appreciate your input as to the pro's and con's of this system
cheers
Collin

Randy Plis
Sales, Consultant
AMDATA NDE Technology LLC, USA, Joined Oct 1999, 23

Randy Plis

Sales, Consultant
AMDATA NDE Technology LLC,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
06:16 Oct-22-2002
Re: TOFD of Austenitic welds
Hello Collin,

Could you provide more information about your specific application such as pipe diameter, wall thickness, flaw types,inspection rate, etc.?

Having such information will then allow us to determine the applicability of TOFD for your application.

Best regards,
Randy Plis
AMDATA NDE Technology
www.amdatande.com

Lee Deng
Lee Deng
05:32 Dec-05-2002
Re: TOFD of Austenitic welds
Please visit www.usultratek.com to find what you need.
Let me know if you need more information.

Lee Deng

: could anyone please provide me with their practical assesment of using TOFD for the testing of austenitic welds in a production enviroment, i.e. welds with the range of production problems such as Hi/Low.
: I would greatly appreciate your input as to the pro's and con's of this system
: cheers
: Collin

Product Spotlight

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window