where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Collin Mal
Collin Mal
04:37 Oct-22-2002
TOFD of Austenitic welds

could anyone please provide me with their practical assesment of using TOFD for the testing of austenitic welds in a production enviroment, i.e. welds with the range of production problems such as Hi/Low.
I would greatly appreciate your input as to the pro's and con's of this system
cheers
Collin

Randy Plis
Sales, Consultant
AMDATA NDE Technology LLC, USA, Joined Oct 1999, 23

Randy Plis

Sales, Consultant
AMDATA NDE Technology LLC,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
06:16 Oct-22-2002
Re: TOFD of Austenitic welds
Hello Collin,

Could you provide more information about your specific application such as pipe diameter, wall thickness, flaw types,inspection rate, etc.?

Having such information will then allow us to determine the applicability of TOFD for your application.

Best regards,
Randy Plis
AMDATA NDE Technology
www.amdatande.com

Lee Deng
Lee Deng
05:32 Dec-05-2002
Re: TOFD of Austenitic welds
Please visit www.usultratek.com to find what you need.
Let me know if you need more information.

Lee Deng

: could anyone please provide me with their practical assesment of using TOFD for the testing of austenitic welds in a production enviroment, i.e. welds with the range of production problems such as Hi/Low.
: I would greatly appreciate your input as to the pro's and con's of this system
: cheers
: Collin

Product Spotlight

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

TOPAZ® 64: Fully Integrated Portable 64 Channel PAUT Instrument with FMC & TFM

Introducing TOPAZ64, the industry’s most intelligent fully integrated, portable 64-channel phased
array ultrasound (UT) instrument. TOPAZ64 combines code-compliant phased array UT with the industry’s most advanced full matrix capture (FMC) and total focusing method (TFM) capabilities. Featuring the highest acquisition frequency in its class, high resolution FMC and a 12” multi-touchscreen, users can easily visualize even the smallest flaws. TOPAZ64 can generate a bipolar pulse that provides more acoustic energy versus previous models for punching through thick components. The result is a portable tool that delivers increased inspection coverage, more accurate signals, and the ability to handle all UT inspections in one package. TOPAZ64 is ideal for challenging applications in transportation, oil and gas, manufacturing and power generation.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window