where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
John Reznik
John Reznik
06:02 Oct-23-2002
advice for entering NDT sector?

I am a recently unemployed aircraft mechanic living in Canada.I am seeking comments,negative/positive,in regards to possibly entering the NDT sector.My main questions are 1}prefered training institutes,2}current/future employment prospects for NDT technicians,3}which inspection methods/levels are most sought after by industry.I am willing to work worldwide with no external influences(dependents)on where I go,or how long I stay.Any and all comments welcome.
John G. Reznik

S.M.Kulkarni
Director, VPS's COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING and TECHNOLOGY, LONAVALA
VPS's COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING and TECHNOLOGY, LONAVALA, India, Joined Oct 2002, 5

S.M.Kulkarni

Director, VPS's COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING and TECHNOLOGY, LONAVALA
VPS's COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING and TECHNOLOGY, LONAVALA,
India,
Joined Oct 2002
07:35 Nov-11-2002
Re: advice for entering NDT sector?
: I am a recently unemployed aircraft mechanic living in Canada.I am seeking comments,negative/positive,in regards to possibly entering the NDT sector.My main questions are 1}prefered training institutes,2}current/future employment prospects for NDT technicians,3}which inspection methods/levels are most sought after by industry.I am willing to work worldwide with no external influences(dependents)on where I go,or how long I stay.Any and all comments welcome.
: John G. Reznik
To,
John G. Reznik
The field of NDT is challaging and necessary for the present day fast moving world. Any method accessible is ok to begin with.

Dr. S. M. Kulkarni

jason Lim
NDT Inspector
ST Aviation Services Co Pte Ltd, Singapore, Joined Jan 2002, 1

jason Lim

NDT Inspector
ST Aviation Services Co Pte Ltd,
Singapore,
Joined Jan 2002
09:58 Nov-12-2002
Re: advice for entering NDT sector?
John, since you are an A/C mechannic before, you can try considering NDT field in Aviation Industries. Depending on the location that you might be employed, ASNT Level 2 or NAS410 certification would be a good bet. For Canada you might have your own standards of NDT certification procedure. PCN (UK) would be another good NDT certification institution for training in Aviation NDT certification. The methods commonly used in Aviation are Ultrasonic, Radiography, Eddy current testing (used very often) Penetrant and Magnetic particle testing. Regards Jason Lim LS

Product Spotlight

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window