where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
John Reznik
John Reznik
06:02 Oct-23-2002
advice for entering NDT sector?

I am a recently unemployed aircraft mechanic living in Canada.I am seeking comments,negative/positive,in regards to possibly entering the NDT sector.My main questions are 1}prefered training institutes,2}current/future employment prospects for NDT technicians,3}which inspection methods/levels are most sought after by industry.I am willing to work worldwide with no external influences(dependents)on where I go,or how long I stay.Any and all comments welcome.
John G. Reznik

S.M.Kulkarni
Director, VPS's COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING and TECHNOLOGY, LONAVALA
VPS's COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING and TECHNOLOGY, LONAVALA, India, Joined Oct 2002, 5

S.M.Kulkarni

Director, VPS's COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING and TECHNOLOGY, LONAVALA
VPS's COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING and TECHNOLOGY, LONAVALA,
India,
Joined Oct 2002
07:35 Nov-11-2002
Re: advice for entering NDT sector?
: I am a recently unemployed aircraft mechanic living in Canada.I am seeking comments,negative/positive,in regards to possibly entering the NDT sector.My main questions are 1}prefered training institutes,2}current/future employment prospects for NDT technicians,3}which inspection methods/levels are most sought after by industry.I am willing to work worldwide with no external influences(dependents)on where I go,or how long I stay.Any and all comments welcome.
: John G. Reznik
To,
John G. Reznik
The field of NDT is challaging and necessary for the present day fast moving world. Any method accessible is ok to begin with.

Dr. S. M. Kulkarni

jason Lim
NDT Inspector
ST Aviation Services Co Pte Ltd, Singapore, Joined Jan 2002, 1

jason Lim

NDT Inspector
ST Aviation Services Co Pte Ltd,
Singapore,
Joined Jan 2002
09:58 Nov-12-2002
Re: advice for entering NDT sector?
John, since you are an A/C mechannic before, you can try considering NDT field in Aviation Industries. Depending on the location that you might be employed, ASNT Level 2 or NAS410 certification would be a good bet. For Canada you might have your own standards of NDT certification procedure. PCN (UK) would be another good NDT certification institution for training in Aviation NDT certification. The methods commonly used in Aviation are Ultrasonic, Radiography, Eddy current testing (used very often) Penetrant and Magnetic particle testing. Regards Jason Lim LS

Product Spotlight

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window