where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
advice for entering NDT sector?
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

06:02 Oct-23-2002
John Reznik
advice for entering NDT sector?

I am a recently unemployed aircraft mechanic living in Canada.I am seeking comments,negative/positive,in regards to possibly entering the NDT sector.My main questions are 1}prefered training institutes,2}current/future employment prospects for NDT technicians,3}which inspection methods/levels are most sought after by industry.I am willing to work worldwide with no external influences(dependents)on where I go,or how long I stay.Any and all comments welcome.
John G. Reznik

07:35 Nov-11-2002

S.M.Kulkarni

Director, VPS's COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING and TECHNOLOGY, LONAVALA
VPS's COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING and TECHNOLOGY, LONAVALA,
India,
Joined Oct 2002
Re: advice for entering NDT sector? : I am a recently unemployed aircraft mechanic living in Canada.I am seeking comments,negative/positive,in regards to possibly entering the NDT sector.My main questions are 1}prefered training institutes,2}current/future employment prospects for NDT technicians,3}which inspection methods/levels are most sought after by industry.I am willing to work worldwide with no external influences(dependents)on where I go,or how long I stay.Any and all comments welcome.
: John G. Reznik
To,
John G. Reznik
The field of NDT is challaging and necessary for the present day fast moving world. Any method accessible is ok to begin with.

Dr. S. M. Kulkarni

09:58 Nov-12-2002

jason Lim

NDT Inspector
ST Aviation Services Co Pte Ltd,
Singapore,
Joined Jan 2002
Re: advice for entering NDT sector? John, since you are an A/C mechannic before, you can try considering NDT field in Aviation Industries. Depending on the location that you might be employed, ASNT Level 2 or NAS410 certification would be a good bet. For Canada you might have your own standards of NDT certification procedure. PCN (UK) would be another good NDT certification institution for training in Aviation NDT certification. The methods commonly used in Aviation are Ultrasonic, Radiography, Eddy current testing (used very often) Penetrant and Magnetic particle testing. Regards Jason Lim LS

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|