where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GB Inspection Systems Ltd.
A leading UK manufacturer of Ultrasonic Probes, Accessories, Supplier of NDT Equipment and more.

Technical Discussions
David Harvey
Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang, USA, Joined Nov 2002, 42

David Harvey

Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
08:06 Oct-31-2002
Flat versus spherical reflectors

I am attempting to describe, in general terms, an equivalency between a flat-bottomed-hole reflector and a spherical reflector, for testing in metal using longitudinal wave UT techniques. Is anyone aware of any information regarding such studies done in the past, or presently in work?

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1236

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
09:58 Oct-31-2002
Re: Flat versus spherical reflectors
David:
In the January edition of NDT.net I provided a free software that solves the Ermolov equations.
Please see if the article at http://www.ndt.net/article/v07n01/ginzel/ginzel.htm
is suitable for your requirements. Contact me directly for any further questions

Ed

: I am attempting to describe, in general terms, an equivalency between a flat-bottomed-hole reflector and a spherical reflector, for testing in metal using longitudinal wave UT techniques. Is anyone aware of any information regarding such studies done in the past, or presently in work?

Product Spotlight

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window