where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

PBP Optel sp. z o.o.
Weare searching new ways - in ultrasonic techniques- in creation of new productsUltrasonic instruments - Ultrasonic Testing Card

Technical Discussions
Dr Ahmed Yamani
Director, - President & CEO
Yamani Institute of Technology, Algeria, Joined Nov 2001, 23

Dr Ahmed Yamani

Director, - President & CEO
Yamani Institute of Technology,
Algeria,
Joined Nov 2001
08:35 Nov-05-2002
Testing Corrosion in Fusion-Bonded Epoxy-coated Rebar in Concrete

Dear Colleagues,

I appreciate very much if any one can direct me to techniques used or any literature available on the assessment of corrosion in Fusion-Bonded-Epoxy-Coated Rebar in concrete.
The cover (depth of concrete above the bar) is about 4 to 6 cm, I was thinking of using eddy current techniques for that. Any comments are much welcome.

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 278

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
01:38 Nov-07-2002
Re: Testing Corrosion in Fusion-Bonded Epoxy-coated Rebar in Concrete
I think you may find the standoff too great to obtain reliable results. In the UK the civil industry is working with AE through a product called AECORR to monitor active corrosion of steel in concrete. It may be worth looking at.

Weihua Mao
Weihua Mao
05:38 Nov-11-2002
Re: Testing Corrosion in Fusion-Bonded Epoxy-coated Rebar in Concrete
I guess that we are doing similar inpsection to your problem.
Our company, the Pressure Pipe Inspection Company, developed a technique called Remote Field Eddy Current / Transformer Coupling. We inspect the broken prestressing steel wires in concrete pipes. In general, the pipes are underground and we inspect them from the inside of the pipes. We can tell the number of broken steel wires even there is a Gauge 14 steel cylinder.

Could you tell me more details about your problem? Such as the geometry and requrement.

Weihua Mao

: Dear Colleagues,
:
: I appreciate very much if any one can direct me to techniques used or any literature available on the assessment of corrosion in Fusion-Bonded-Epoxy-Coated Rebar in concrete.
: The cover (depth of concrete above the bar) is about 4 to 6 cm, I was thinking of using eddy current techniques for that. Any comments are much welcome.

Product Spotlight

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window