where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Testing Corrosion in Fusion-Bonded Epoxy-coated Rebar in Concrete
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Ultrasonic Sciences Ltd
We specialize in the design and manufacture of automated and semi-automated ultrasonic testing systems, including multi axis, multi channels systems and phased array electronics.

08:35 Nov-05-2002

Dr Ahmed Yamani

Director, - President & CEO
Yamani Institute of Technology,
Algeria,
Joined Nov 2001
Testing Corrosion in Fusion-Bonded Epoxy-coated Rebar in Concrete

Dear Colleagues,

I appreciate very much if any one can direct me to techniques used or any literature available on the assessment of corrosion in Fusion-Bonded-Epoxy-Coated Rebar in concrete.
The cover (depth of concrete above the bar) is about 4 to 6 cm, I was thinking of using eddy current techniques for that. Any comments are much welcome.

01:38 Nov-07-2002

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: Testing Corrosion in Fusion-Bonded Epoxy-coated Rebar in Concrete I think you may find the standoff too great to obtain reliable results. In the UK the civil industry is working with AE through a product called AECORR to monitor active corrosion of steel in concrete. It may be worth looking at.

05:38 Nov-11-2002
Weihua Mao
Re: Testing Corrosion in Fusion-Bonded Epoxy-coated Rebar in Concrete I guess that we are doing similar inpsection to your problem.
Our company, the Pressure Pipe Inspection Company, developed a technique called Remote Field Eddy Current / Transformer Coupling. We inspect the broken prestressing steel wires in concrete pipes. In general, the pipes are underground and we inspect them from the inside of the pipes. We can tell the number of broken steel wires even there is a Gauge 14 steel cylinder.

Could you tell me more details about your problem? Such as the geometry and requrement.

Weihua Mao

: Dear Colleagues,
:
: I appreciate very much if any one can direct me to techniques used or any literature available on the assessment of corrosion in Fusion-Bonded-Epoxy-Coated Rebar in concrete.
: The cover (depth of concrete above the bar) is about 4 to 6 cm, I was thinking of using eddy current techniques for that. Any comments are much welcome.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|