where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
ismail sarpun
ismail sarpun
02:26 Nov-06-2002
experimetal setup

I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?

DJ Kallhof
DJ Kallhof
04:38 Nov-07-2002
Re: experimetal setup
: I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?
Polishing the material to a mirror finish, followed by a chemical etch, will reveal the grain sufficiently to observe with proper magnification. A permanent record may be obtained by replicating the surface. Respond back with the material you are working with.

Scott Longstreet
NDT Inspector, Metallographer
Areospace, USA, Joined Apr 2002, 5

Scott Longstreet

NDT Inspector, Metallographer
Areospace,
USA,
Joined Apr 2002
05:21 Nov-07-2002
: : I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?
: .
: Polishing the material to a mirror finish, followed by a chemical etch, will reveal the grain sufficiently to observe with proper magnification. A permanent record may be obtained by replicating the surface. Respond back with the material you are working with.
ASTM E8 Would be an excellent refernece guide!

Scott Longstreet
Scott Longstreet
06:29 Nov-07-2002
: I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?
Soory, I meant to suggest ASTM E3 as a guide. For that matter, look into the many ASTM standars for help.

Product Spotlight

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window