where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
experimetal setup
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

02:26 Nov-06-2002
ismail sarpun
experimetal setup

I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?

04:38 Nov-07-2002
DJ Kallhof
Re: experimetal setup : I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?
Polishing the material to a mirror finish, followed by a chemical etch, will reveal the grain sufficiently to observe with proper magnification. A permanent record may be obtained by replicating the surface. Respond back with the material you are working with.

05:21 Nov-07-2002

Scott Longstreet

NDT Inspector, Metallographer
Areospace,
USA,
Joined Apr 2002
Re: experimetal setup : : I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?
: .
: Polishing the material to a mirror finish, followed by a chemical etch, will reveal the grain sufficiently to observe with proper magnification. A permanent record may be obtained by replicating the surface. Respond back with the material you are working with.
ASTM E8 Would be an excellent refernece guide!

06:29 Nov-07-2002
Scott Longstreet
Re: experimetal setup : I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?
Soory, I meant to suggest ASTM E3 as a guide. For that matter, look into the many ASTM standars for help.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|