where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
ismail sarpun
ismail sarpun
02:26 Nov-06-2002
experimetal setup

I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?

DJ Kallhof
DJ Kallhof
04:38 Nov-07-2002
Re: experimetal setup
: I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?
Polishing the material to a mirror finish, followed by a chemical etch, will reveal the grain sufficiently to observe with proper magnification. A permanent record may be obtained by replicating the surface. Respond back with the material you are working with.

Scott Longstreet
NDT Inspector, Metallographer
Areospace, USA, Joined Apr 2002, 5

Scott Longstreet

NDT Inspector, Metallographer
Areospace,
USA,
Joined Apr 2002
05:21 Nov-07-2002
: : I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?
: .
: Polishing the material to a mirror finish, followed by a chemical etch, will reveal the grain sufficiently to observe with proper magnification. A permanent record may be obtained by replicating the surface. Respond back with the material you are working with.
ASTM E8 Would be an excellent refernece guide!

Scott Longstreet
Scott Longstreet
06:29 Nov-07-2002
: I want to establish a system which I can determine grain size. so is there anyone can help me?
Soory, I meant to suggest ASTM E3 as a guide. For that matter, look into the many ASTM standars for help.

Product Spotlight

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window