where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Detection of underground pipes
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

07:36 Nov-13-2002
jonathan platts
Detection of underground pipes

I am conducting research into the detection of underground water pipes for the utility industry and are looking for information/publications of the subject. Can any one help?

09:05 Nov-13-2002
Weihua Mao
Re: Detection of underground pipes Could you provide more details?
Such as,
What kind of pipe?
From above ground or underground (inside of the pipe)?
What are you going to detect? Location of the pipeline or cracks on pipes?

Weihua Mao

: I am conducting research into the detection of underground water pipes for the utility industry and are looking for information/publications of the subject. Can any one help?

01:26 Nov-14-2002

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: Detection of underground pipes You could look at a device called 'Magic carpet'. It is an acoustic device for locating pipeline leaks in water systems from above ground. You can look the product up at www.stest.co.uk. Or if you want to discuss contact me directly

04:11 Jan-03-2003
Luis Santoyo
Re: Detection of underground pipes : I am conducting research into the detection of underground water pipes for the utility industry and are looking for information/publications of the subject. Can any one help?
You can try with Metrotech Equipment.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|