where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

TecScan Systems
We offer a complete line of NDT scanners, Immersion Tanks & Gantry systems which incorporate Ultrasonic, Phased Array & Eddy Current technologies.

Technical Discussions
FRANKIE YAWN
Engineering
innovative technologies corp, USA, Joined Nov 2002, 6

FRANKIE YAWN

Engineering
innovative technologies corp,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
04:20 Nov-20-2002
ULTRASONIC TECHNIQUES

I NEED SOME INFO ON ULTRASONIC TECHNIQUES
FOR HIDDEN CORROSION DETECTION IN AIRCRAFT
WING SKIN AND DISBOND OF WING PANELS.

Randy Plis
Sales, Consultant
AMDATA NDE Technology LLC, USA, Joined Oct 1999, 23

Randy Plis

Sales, Consultant
AMDATA NDE Technology LLC,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
05:32 Nov-20-2002
Re: ULTRASONIC TECHNIQUES
: I NEED SOME INFO ON ULTRASONIC TECHNIQUES
: FOR HIDDEN CORROSION DETECTION IN AIRCRAFT
: WING SKIN AND DISBOND OF WING PANELS.
Hello Frankie,

A description of ultrasonic testing of aircraft skin to core disbonds is contained under the literature section of Metals Testing Company's website www.mtc62.com

A description of eddy current testing of aircraft hidden corrosion is contained under the literature section of AMDATA NDE Technology's website www.amdatande.com

Both companies are exhibitors at NDT.net

Best regards,
Randy Plis

Mike Concordia
Mike Concordia
06:45 Nov-20-2002
Hi Frankie,

These subjects make up a significant portion of our business here at SAIC Ultra Image International. We are currently doing work for the USAF involving hidden corrosion in aging aircraft using ultrasonic and eddy current methods. We also have much experience inspecting for disbonds in composite wing structures using ultrasonics. Please contact me at 860-442-0100 for further information. You may also want to visit our web site at http://www.saic.com/products/inspection/

Regards,

Mike

Dave Lines
R & D,
Diagnostic Sonar Ltd, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 8

Dave Lines

R & D,
Diagnostic Sonar Ltd,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
00:59 Nov-21-2002
The NDE group at QinetiQ (previously DERA) in Farnborough have many years of experience with both ultrasonic and eddy current techniques on this type of application. They have reported on an ultrasonic technique for confirming that panel thinning is due to hidden corrosion (Smith, RA, Bruce, DA, 1998, An ultrasonic spectroscopy method for measuring the roughness of hidden corrosion surfaces, Proceedings of NDT'98, The British Institute of NDT, pp.167-170, ISBN 0 903132 26 5).

These techniques are applicable to area coverage by using high frequency integrated arrays specially developed by Diagnostic Sonar (for online info see http://www.bindt.org/Mk1Site/NDT2002Abstr2.html#Bending for recent abstract or http://www.galaxyscientific.com/agingaircraft/pdfs/6c/6c3d.pdf for an earlier full paper). These arrays can be used with flaw detectors or conventional mapping systems or with Diagnostic Sonar's Flaw Inspecta system (see http://www.ndt.net/article/v05n07/dlines/dlines.htm).

jossy joseph
jossy joseph
05:13 Feb-05-2007
ULTRASONIC TECHNIQUES

: : I NEED SOME INFO ON ULTRASONIC TECHNIQUES
: : FOR HIDDEN CORROSION DETECTION IN AIRCRAFT
: : WING SKIN AND DISBOND OF WING PANELS.
: .
: Hello Frankie,
.i need pdf files of above info,plz
thnkz

Product Spotlight

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window