where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

KARL DEUTSCH
INSTRUMENTS AND SYSTEMS FOR NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING OF MATERIALS.
Technical Discussions
FRANKIE YAWN
Engineering
innovative technologies corp, USA, Joined Nov 2002, 6

FRANKIE YAWN

Engineering
innovative technologies corp,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
04:20 Nov-20-2002
ULTRASONIC TECHNIQUES

I NEED SOME INFO ON ULTRASONIC TECHNIQUES
FOR HIDDEN CORROSION DETECTION IN AIRCRAFT
WING SKIN AND DISBOND OF WING PANELS.

Randy Plis
Sales, Consultant
AMDATA NDE Technology LLC, USA, Joined Oct 1999, 23

Randy Plis

Sales, Consultant
AMDATA NDE Technology LLC,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
05:32 Nov-20-2002
Re: ULTRASONIC TECHNIQUES
: I NEED SOME INFO ON ULTRASONIC TECHNIQUES
: FOR HIDDEN CORROSION DETECTION IN AIRCRAFT
: WING SKIN AND DISBOND OF WING PANELS.
Hello Frankie,

A description of ultrasonic testing of aircraft skin to core disbonds is contained under the literature section of Metals Testing Company's website www.mtc62.com

A description of eddy current testing of aircraft hidden corrosion is contained under the literature section of AMDATA NDE Technology's website www.amdatande.com

Both companies are exhibitors at NDT.net

Best regards,
Randy Plis

Mike Concordia
Mike Concordia
06:45 Nov-20-2002
Hi Frankie,

These subjects make up a significant portion of our business here at SAIC Ultra Image International. We are currently doing work for the USAF involving hidden corrosion in aging aircraft using ultrasonic and eddy current methods. We also have much experience inspecting for disbonds in composite wing structures using ultrasonics. Please contact me at 860-442-0100 for further information. You may also want to visit our web site at http://www.saic.com/products/inspection/

Regards,

Mike

Dave Lines
R & D,
Diagnostic Sonar Ltd, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 8

Dave Lines

R & D,
Diagnostic Sonar Ltd,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
00:59 Nov-21-2002
The NDE group at QinetiQ (previously DERA) in Farnborough have many years of experience with both ultrasonic and eddy current techniques on this type of application. They have reported on an ultrasonic technique for confirming that panel thinning is due to hidden corrosion (Smith, RA, Bruce, DA, 1998, An ultrasonic spectroscopy method for measuring the roughness of hidden corrosion surfaces, Proceedings of NDT'98, The British Institute of NDT, pp.167-170, ISBN 0 903132 26 5).

These techniques are applicable to area coverage by using high frequency integrated arrays specially developed by Diagnostic Sonar (for online info see http://www.bindt.org/Mk1Site/NDT2002Abstr2.html#Bending for recent abstract or http://www.galaxyscientific.com/agingaircraft/pdfs/6c/6c3d.pdf for an earlier full paper). These arrays can be used with flaw detectors or conventional mapping systems or with Diagnostic Sonar's Flaw Inspecta system (see http://www.ndt.net/article/v05n07/dlines/dlines.htm).

jossy joseph
jossy joseph
05:13 Feb-05-2007
ULTRASONIC TECHNIQUES

: : I NEED SOME INFO ON ULTRASONIC TECHNIQUES
: : FOR HIDDEN CORROSION DETECTION IN AIRCRAFT
: : WING SKIN AND DISBOND OF WING PANELS.
: .
: Hello Frankie,
.i need pdf files of above info,plz
thnkz

Product Spotlight

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Silverwing RMS PA - Phased-array corrosion mapping

Eddyfi Technologies integrated two market leading solutions, Silverwing’s RMS and M2M’s instru
ments to provide a high-speed, remote access ultrasonic phased-array inspection system with live total focusing method (TFM).
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window