where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
seeking information about rail weld testing
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

01:43 Dec-09-2002

tu zhankuan

R & D
Chian Academy of Railway Sciences,
China,
Joined Dec 2002
seeking information about rail weld testing

dear sirs,
I am a newer in NDT,and want to collect some information (including testing methods ,instrument manufacturers and application )about rail weld testing? Could you help me?
Thank you very much!
tu zhankuan

05:25 Dec-09-2002
Peter Philipp
Re: seeking information about rail weld testing Dear Tu Zhankuan,

Guided Ultrasonics Ltd has developed a rail testing unit that works on the principle of using guided waves.

Effectively the rail is used as a waveguide and all parts(head, web and foot)of the rail are tested from the location where the equipment is attached.

The equipment is also able to check weld integrity.

Test range from a test location is in excess of 100m in each direction.

The equipment is totally self contained, battery transducers and all the wave generation, analysis and display equipment.

The unit is linked to a GPS positioning system and has been used to work on an operating line as it can be removed in less than 10 seconds.

Please contact me if you require any further information.

: dear sirs,
: I am a newer in NDT,and want to collect some information (including testing methods ,instrument manufacturers and application )about rail weld testing? Could you help me?
: Thank you very much!
: tu zhankuan

03:18 Dec-11-2002

Ilya Etingen

Engineering
Institute of bridges & NDT,
Russia,
Joined Jun 2001
Re: seeking information about rail weld testing : dear sirs,
: I am a newer in NDT,and want to collect some information (including testing methods ,instrument manufacturers and application )about rail weld testing? Could you help me?
: Thank you very much!
: tu zhankuan

Hello ,
Rail welds in Russian railroads are tested with UT echo method (2,5
MGz, angle beam 50).
Every year we test about 3000000 rail welds and find 1600 defects.

Best regards
Ilya Etingen ilich@ndt.sp.ru
Institute of bridges & NDT

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|