where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

WesDyne International (AMDATA Products)
WesDyne is an engineering and technical services firm dedicated to providing standard and custom nondestructive examinations (NDE) products and systems

Technical Discussions
tu zhankuan
R & D
Chian Academy of Railway Sciences, China, Joined Dec 2002, 5

tu zhankuan

R & D
Chian Academy of Railway Sciences,
China,
Joined Dec 2002
01:43 Dec-09-2002
seeking information about rail weld testing

dear sirs,
I am a newer in NDT,and want to collect some information (including testing methods ,instrument manufacturers and application )about rail weld testing? Could you help me?
Thank you very much!
tu zhankuan

Peter Philipp
Peter Philipp
05:25 Dec-09-2002
Re: seeking information about rail weld testing
Dear Tu Zhankuan,

Guided Ultrasonics Ltd has developed a rail testing unit that works on the principle of using guided waves.

Effectively the rail is used as a waveguide and all parts(head, web and foot)of the rail are tested from the location where the equipment is attached.

The equipment is also able to check weld integrity.

Test range from a test location is in excess of 100m in each direction.

The equipment is totally self contained, battery transducers and all the wave generation, analysis and display equipment.

The unit is linked to a GPS positioning system and has been used to work on an operating line as it can be removed in less than 10 seconds.

Please contact me if you require any further information.

: dear sirs,
: I am a newer in NDT,and want to collect some information (including testing methods ,instrument manufacturers and application )about rail weld testing? Could you help me?
: Thank you very much!
: tu zhankuan

Ilya Etingen
Engineering
Institute of bridges & NDT, Russia, Joined Jun 2001, 3

Ilya Etingen

Engineering
Institute of bridges & NDT,
Russia,
Joined Jun 2001
03:18 Dec-11-2002
Re: seeking information about rail weld testing
: dear sirs,
: I am a newer in NDT,and want to collect some information (including testing methods ,instrument manufacturers and application )about rail weld testing? Could you help me?
: Thank you very much!
: tu zhankuan

Hello ,
Rail welds in Russian railroads are tested with UT echo method (2,5
MGz, angle beam 50).
Every year we test about 3000000 rail welds and find 1600 defects.

Best regards
Ilya Etingen ilich@ndt.sp.ru
Institute of bridges & NDT

Product Spotlight

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s