where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

KARL DEUTSCH
INSTRUMENTS AND SYSTEMS FOR NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING OF MATERIALS.

Technical Discussions
Phil
Phil
06:03 Dec-17-2002
polaroid ultrasonic sensors

Hi, I am a student who is carrying out an experiment.
I wanted to design a ultrasonic receiver circuit to receive ultrasonic pulses of 50Khz that i have transmitted out. I cant seem to get the same number of pulses that i have transmitted out at the receiving end. My concern is to be able to get the same number of pulses at the receiving so that i get what i transmit out. What should i do to get reliable reading??? Can anyone advise or provide me with some good receiver schematics?? Thanks.

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
02:50 Dec-18-2002
Re: polaroid ultrasonic sensors
: Hi, I am a student who is carrying out an experiment.
: I wanted to design a ultrasonic receiver circuit to receive ultrasonic pulses of 50Khz that i have transmitted out. I cant seem to get the same number of pulses that i have transmitted out at the receiving end. My concern is to be able to get the same number of pulses at the receiving so that i get what i transmit out. What should i do to get reliable reading??? Can anyone advise or provide me with some good receiver schematics?? Thanks.

Phil, the first thing I suggest to do is hook up a scope
and see what is coming back. I bet your lab will have an
HP8447A amp to boost the signal before the scope.

If you can then receive the signals as expected you
could use an Analog Devices AD603 or similar chip to
design your receiver around it. Those are neat programmable
amplifiers that don't require much in external parts.
AD also has log amps for the detector etc.

Good luck, Joerg.

Product Spotlight

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window