where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
polaroid ultrasonic sensors
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

06:03 Dec-17-2002
Phil
polaroid ultrasonic sensors

Hi, I am a student who is carrying out an experiment.
I wanted to design a ultrasonic receiver circuit to receive ultrasonic pulses of 50Khz that i have transmitted out. I cant seem to get the same number of pulses that i have transmitted out at the receiving end. My concern is to be able to get the same number of pulses at the receiving so that i get what i transmit out. What should i do to get reliable reading??? Can anyone advise or provide me with some good receiver schematics?? Thanks.

02:50 Dec-18-2002
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Re: polaroid ultrasonic sensors : Hi, I am a student who is carrying out an experiment.
: I wanted to design a ultrasonic receiver circuit to receive ultrasonic pulses of 50Khz that i have transmitted out. I cant seem to get the same number of pulses that i have transmitted out at the receiving end. My concern is to be able to get the same number of pulses at the receiving so that i get what i transmit out. What should i do to get reliable reading??? Can anyone advise or provide me with some good receiver schematics?? Thanks.

Phil, the first thing I suggest to do is hook up a scope
and see what is coming back. I bet your lab will have an
HP8447A amp to boost the signal before the scope.

If you can then receive the signals as expected you
could use an Analog Devices AD603 or similar chip to
design your receiver around it. Those are neat programmable
amplifiers that don't require much in external parts.
AD also has log amps for the detector etc.

Good luck, Joerg.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|