where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
Design and manufacture ultrasonic Transducers, Scanners and Custom Solutions for NDT inspections. Innovators in NDT technology
Technical Discussions
F. Schleicher
F. Schleicher
06:03 Dec-17-1998
characterization of suspensions with ultrasound

I am characterizing suspensions with ultrasound methods and I am searching for information
material about system models for what happens with sound in suspensions.
I am also searching for firms, materials or possibilities to get suspensions with known parameters
like concentration, viscosity and particle size.
If you can help me, please contact me.

Thanks
Frank Schleicher

Richard Freemantle
Richard Freemantle
00:50 Dec-17-1998
Re: characterization of suspensions with ultrasound
: I am characterizing suspensions with ultrasound methods and I am searching for information
: material about system models for what happens with sound in suspensions.
: I am also searching for firms, materials or possibilities to get suspensions with known parameters
: like concentration, viscosity and particle size.
: If you can help me, please contact me.

: Thanks
: Frank Schleicher

The Ultrasonics and Digital Signal Processing Laboratory based at Nottingham University (formerly based
at Keele University) could probably help you. Their move to Nottingham is recent so have a look at their
old web site on http://udsplab.elec.keele.ac.uk. They use a number of different theoretical models for
particlate systems with both liquid and solid phases. The formulations include thermal losses and multiple
scattering effects. They have also a number of contacts with suppliers of formulations
for experimental work and a have done a lot of work developing ultrasonic spectromters for characterisation of
emulsions and colloidal systems in general.

The research groups address is:

UDSP Laboratory
Department of Electronic and
Electrical Engineering,
Nottingham University.
University Park
Nottingham
NG7 2RD
UK

The head of the research group is Professor Richard Challis who can be contacted
on +44 (0)115 951 5599

Regards,

Richard Freemantle

Dr. R.J. Freemantle
Research Fellow
Department of Physics
Keele University
Staffs, ST5 5BG, UK

Tel +44 (0)1782 584306
Fax +44 (0)1782 711093
Email r.j.freemantle@keele.ac.uk
http://ndts.elec.keele.ac.uk

Grant A. Gordon
Grant A. Gordon
01:34 Dec-17-1998
Re: characterization of suspensions with ultrasound
: I am characterizing suspensions with ultrasound methods and I am searching for information
: material about system models for what happens with sound in suspensions.
: I am also searching for firms, materials or possibilities to get suspensions with known parameters
: like concentration, viscosity and particle size.
: If you can help me, please contact me.

: Thanks
: Frank Schleicher

Greetings,
As a starting point you may wish to examine a recently published text book
on the subject called Ultrasonic techniques for fluid characterization by
Malcolm Povey, Academic Press 1997.
Sincerely
Grant Gordon

Michael Kors
Michael Kors
04:05 Feb-08-2007
cool
This is my site:
http://32url.com/?88KM

Product Spotlight

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

OmniScan™ X3 flaw detector

The OmniScan X3 flaw detector is a complete phased array toolbox. Powerful tools, like total focus
ing method (TFM) images and advanced visualization capabilities, enable you to complete your inspection with greater confidence.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window