where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

WesDyne International (AMDATA Products)
WesDyne is an engineering and technical services firm dedicated to providing standard and custom nondestructive examinations (NDE) products and systems

Technical Discussions
F. Schleicher
F. Schleicher
06:03 Dec-17-1998
characterization of suspensions with ultrasound

I am characterizing suspensions with ultrasound methods and I am searching for information
material about system models for what happens with sound in suspensions.
I am also searching for firms, materials or possibilities to get suspensions with known parameters
like concentration, viscosity and particle size.
If you can help me, please contact me.

Thanks
Frank Schleicher

Richard Freemantle
Richard Freemantle
00:50 Dec-17-1998
Re: characterization of suspensions with ultrasound
: I am characterizing suspensions with ultrasound methods and I am searching for information
: material about system models for what happens with sound in suspensions.
: I am also searching for firms, materials or possibilities to get suspensions with known parameters
: like concentration, viscosity and particle size.
: If you can help me, please contact me.

: Thanks
: Frank Schleicher

The Ultrasonics and Digital Signal Processing Laboratory based at Nottingham University (formerly based
at Keele University) could probably help you. Their move to Nottingham is recent so have a look at their
old web site on http://udsplab.elec.keele.ac.uk. They use a number of different theoretical models for
particlate systems with both liquid and solid phases. The formulations include thermal losses and multiple
scattering effects. They have also a number of contacts with suppliers of formulations
for experimental work and a have done a lot of work developing ultrasonic spectromters for characterisation of
emulsions and colloidal systems in general.

The research groups address is:

UDSP Laboratory
Department of Electronic and
Electrical Engineering,
Nottingham University.
University Park
Nottingham
NG7 2RD
UK

The head of the research group is Professor Richard Challis who can be contacted
on +44 (0)115 951 5599

Regards,

Richard Freemantle

Dr. R.J. Freemantle
Research Fellow
Department of Physics
Keele University
Staffs, ST5 5BG, UK

Tel +44 (0)1782 584306
Fax +44 (0)1782 711093
Email r.j.freemantle@keele.ac.uk
http://ndts.elec.keele.ac.uk

Grant A. Gordon
Grant A. Gordon
01:34 Dec-17-1998
Re: characterization of suspensions with ultrasound
: I am characterizing suspensions with ultrasound methods and I am searching for information
: material about system models for what happens with sound in suspensions.
: I am also searching for firms, materials or possibilities to get suspensions with known parameters
: like concentration, viscosity and particle size.
: If you can help me, please contact me.

: Thanks
: Frank Schleicher

Greetings,
As a starting point you may wish to examine a recently published text book
on the subject called Ultrasonic techniques for fluid characterization by
Malcolm Povey, Academic Press 1997.
Sincerely
Grant Gordon

Michael Kors
Michael Kors
04:05 Feb-08-2007
cool
This is my site:
http://32url.com/?88KM

Product Spotlight

TVC awarded UKAS accreditation

TVC are delighted to finally announce we have been awarded UKAS accreditation for our calibration
laboratory. Laboratory accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 enables us to conduct the Electrical Verification of Ultrasonic Flaw Detection Equipment to BS EN 12668-1:2010. It has taken many months of hard work and we want to thank our staff for all their efforts during this massive undertaking.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window