where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Thickness Gauge (PJG)
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

YXLON Copenhagen
YXLON Copenhagen is a highly specialized, award winning Danish company with 60 years of experience in portable X-ray solutions for industrial NDT.

03:29 Dec-17-2002

James JOE

Sales
South Korea,
Joined Sep 2002
Thickness Gauge (PJG)

We are looking for Thickness Gauge without remove coating.
We understand these thickness using echo-to-echo method.
Would you please send us catalogues, quotation and delivery, if you can supply it to us?

06:02 Dec-18-2002

Neil Burleigh

Sales
Krautkramer Australia Pty Ltd,
Australia,
Joined Dec 2002
Re: Thickness Gauge (PJG) : We are looking for Thickness Gauge without remove coating.
: We understand these thickness using echo-to-echo method.
: Would you please send us catalogues, quotation and delivery, if you can supply it to us?
The Krautkramer DM4 multi series has a function for measuring thickness of materials through a paint coating.
Alternatively you could use the DMS2 family which also uses the multi-echo function.
Or the patented DMS2TC with topcoat mode.
Details on the KK website
Reagrds
Neil Burleigh

09:16 Dec-18-2002

Joe Buckley, Sonatest PLc

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Thickness Gauge (PJG) Or continuing the theme.

The Sonatest P-Gage, The Dakota MMX series, or the Sonatest Alphagage.....

I'm not entirely sure all this shameless product plugging is in the spirit of the forum, but I'll not be left out...

Joe

: : We are looking for Thickness Gauge without remove coating.
: : We understand these thickness using echo-to-echo method.
: : Would you please send us catalogues, quotation and delivery, if you can supply it to us?
: .
: The Krautkramer DM4 multi series has a function for measuring thickness of materials through a paint coating.
: Alternatively you could use the DMS2 family which also uses the multi-echo function.
: Or the patented DMS2TC with topcoat mode.
: Details on the KK website
: Reagrds
: Neil Burleigh

02:21 Jan-09-2003

David Hermanutz

Consultant,
Hbndt.com,
China,
Joined Jul 2012
Re: Thickness Gauge (PJG) Dear Forum Members,

In keeping with the spirit of the forum I would like to offer the following:

Although it is quite common for modern Ultrasonic Thickness gauging equipment to operate in Echo to Echo mode I would like to make you aware of the following potential errors that you may encounter:

The acoustic impedance of the coating may not allow for echo to echo exclusion with standard full waveform displays ( RF waveform and test area usually required )

Dual transducers may produce a "shear" component in certain material ranges that could cause a low reading error

A waveform display, proper training and competency is required to discern if the echo to echo feature is working correctly.

Best Regards,

David Hermanutz
GE Panametrics
Melbourne

PS please feel free to contact myself directly with any concerns or comments

: Or continuing the theme.
: The Sonatest P-Gage, The Dakota MMX series, or the Sonatest Alphagage.....
: I'm not entirely sure all this shameless product plugging is in the spirit of the forum, but I'll not be left out...
: Joe
:
: : : We are looking for Thickness Gauge without remove coating.
: : : We understand these thickness using echo-to-echo method.
: : : Would you please send us catalogues, quotation and delivery, if you can supply it to us?
: : .
: : The Krautkramer DM4 multi series has a function for measuring thickness of materials through a paint coating.
: : Alternatively you could use the DMS2 family which also uses the multi-echo function.
: : Or the patented DMS2TC with topcoat mode.
: : Details on the KK website
: : Reagrds
: : Neil Burleigh
: .

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|