where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Ultrasonic Sciences Ltd
We specialize in the design and manufacture of automated and semi-automated ultrasonic testing systems, including multi axis, multi channels systems and phased array electronics.

Technical Discussions
K. Anandm
Engineering, - DyGM - Operations & Reliability
Air Liquide India Limited, India, Joined Oct 2001, 13

K. Anandm

Engineering, - DyGM - Operations & Reliability
Air Liquide India Limited,
India,
Joined Oct 2001
09:05 Dec-22-2002
Detection of Linear indications

I am experiencing difficulties in detecting the fine linear indications ( could be Lack of fusion or crack) before stress relieving. The same indications are prominently seen after SR in Ultrasonic Test.

The joint is between two angularly paced placed Carbon Steel Plates and one of them is overlayed with SS.

I would be grateful for suggesting some solution to this.

Ed Trotter
Ed Trotter
09:13 Dec-23-2002
Re: Detection of Linear indications
: I am experiencing difficulties in detecting the fine linear indications ( could be Lack of fusion or crack) before stress relieving. The same indications are prominently seen after SR in Ultrasonic Test.
: The joint is between two angularly paced placed Carbon Steel Plates and one of them is overlayed with SS.
: I would be grateful for suggesting some solution to this.
I am not familiar with the configuration you are talking about, but are the indications appearing anywhere near the stainless to carbon steel interface? Are you using shear waves? If you answered yes to both questions you may want to try using refracted longitudinal wave search units.

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window