where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Materials Research Institute
Consulting to the NDT industry.
Technical Discussions
K. Anandm
Engineering, - DyGM - Operations & Reliability
Air Liquide India Limited, India, Joined Oct 2001, 13

K. Anandm

Engineering, - DyGM - Operations & Reliability
Air Liquide India Limited,
India,
Joined Oct 2001
09:05 Dec-22-2002
Detection of Linear indications

I am experiencing difficulties in detecting the fine linear indications ( could be Lack of fusion or crack) before stress relieving. The same indications are prominently seen after SR in Ultrasonic Test.

The joint is between two angularly paced placed Carbon Steel Plates and one of them is overlayed with SS.

I would be grateful for suggesting some solution to this.

Ed Trotter
Ed Trotter
09:13 Dec-23-2002
Re: Detection of Linear indications
: I am experiencing difficulties in detecting the fine linear indications ( could be Lack of fusion or crack) before stress relieving. The same indications are prominently seen after SR in Ultrasonic Test.
: The joint is between two angularly paced placed Carbon Steel Plates and one of them is overlayed with SS.
: I would be grateful for suggesting some solution to this.
I am not familiar with the configuration you are talking about, but are the indications appearing anywhere near the stainless to carbon steel interface? Are you using shear waves? If you answered yes to both questions you may want to try using refracted longitudinal wave search units.

Product Spotlight

Eddy Current inspection : RotoETscan Rotating Head

The rotating head RotoETscan detects the presence of longitudinal surface or sub surface defects a
t high speed. The rotating head is often installed directly on the production line. It is generally dedicated to the control of long products such as tubes, bars and wires, made of ferrous or non-ferrous material. It can also be used for inspection of small parts (billets).
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window