where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Mobile-Friendly Implementation in Progress

Technical Discussions
Pramod Myakal
Consultant
AGM Techno consultants, India, Joined Jan 2003, 22

Pramod Myakal

Consultant
AGM Techno consultants,
India,
Joined Jan 2003
02:23 Jan-04-2003
Need brief intro on various adv insp. systems on Tanks

I need some useful tips on different inspection systems that can be used in service and out of service of pre lode tanks
especially of in service inspection like AE and other methods if any. even at the time of construction of tanks what are the different NDT methods that can be used advance techniques mostly, which can replace conventional NDT methods.

Out of service there is tank floor I am aware of and thickness measurements let me know if any other methods that can be utilized.

this information is required as I need to give small speech on various techniques on preloaded tanks.

Thanks

Pramod Myakal

Jens Forker
Jens Forker
07:02 Jan-07-2003
Re: Need brief intro on various adv insp. systems on Tanks
Dear Pramod Myakal,

please send your full address details to sales@vallen.de. I will then send you an information package including the free Vallen AE-Suite CD-ROM with a lot of information about AE testing and the synthesis report of an EC-funded project to improve the reliability of AE tests of storage tanks.

regards
Jens Forker

: I need some useful tips on different inspection systems that can be used in service and out of service of pre lode tanks
: especially of in service inspection like AE and other methods if any. even at the time of construction of tanks what are the different NDT methods that can be used advance techniques mostly, which can replace conventional NDT methods.
: Out of service there is tank floor I am aware of and thickness measurements let me know if any other methods that can be utilized.
: this information is required as I need to give small speech on various techniques on preloaded tanks.
: Thanks
:
: Pramod Myakal

John O'brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 278

John O'brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
00:36 Jan-09-2003
Re: Need brief intro on various adv insp. systems on Tanks
Pramod

you need to think about the range of tanks as the needs and inspection difficulties of various designs will influence the application of particular techniques.

Tank Floors - Easily Assessed with an independently qualified AE technique.
Leak testing - Reliable with AE in light products possible high missed call rate in dirty crude oil tanks.

Annular Plates - Inspected from CHIME Piece by medium range ultrasonic techniques such as TALRUT from Physical Acoustics and LOROUS from RTD

InService Robots - Good for light products high quality data as uses ultrasonics. Limited coverage due to cost. See InTank Services

Remote Visual for seals and other internal structures when added to in-service robots. See InTank Services

Infrared to identify thermal insulation breakdown on Insulated Tanks.

Neutron Backscatter to determine sludge levels and also moisture ingress into insulation.

Refer to API RP 575 for further guidance.

need more data email me your mailing address.

PACE - Portable ACFM Inspection
As new industrial sectors have discovered the benefits of using ACFM®, the demand for a more
TSC
5 Showcases 5 Videos

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System
Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
DÜRR NDT GmbH & Co. KG
3 Showcases

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System
The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a
AMDATA Products (WesDyne)
9 Showcases

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System
For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic
SONOTEC Ultraschallsensorik Halle GmbH
5 Showcases 5 Videos Product Video

More Showcases

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window