where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Instrument Scraping Standards for Pipelines
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Controle Mesure Systemes
Contrôle Mesure Systèmes designs, develops and manufactures nearly 30 years a complete NDT range of products in eddy current and ultrasonic testing methods.

00:30 Jan-14-2003

Mohammed S. Al-A'ala

Engineering
Saudi Aramco,
Saudi Arabia,
Joined Dec 2000

Gentlemen:

Kindly provide me with the current reference for the Standards of applying Pipeline Instrument Scraping.

Thanks,

02:42 Jan-14-2003

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: Instrument Scraping Standards for Pipelines If you are talking about Intelligent Scraping i.e. MFL or UT I am not sure there are any specific standards. Most pipeline codes talk about thickness assessment and remaining life. They do not specify how you aquire the data.

Many in the industry have deferred to Shell Guidelines but that is an in-house guideline that has been disseminated over time.

You could try PRCI in the USA

03:38 Jan-14-2003
zaini shafie
Re: Instrument Scraping Standards for Pipelines : Gentlemen:
: Kindly provide me with the current reference for the Standards of applying Pipeline Instrument Scraping.
: Thanks,

09:09 Mar-10-2003
M.. A. Haddadi
Re: Instrument Scraping Standards for Pipelines : Gentlemen:
: Kindly provide me with the current reference for the Standards of applying Pipeline Instrument Scraping.
M. A. Haddadi

05:47 Oct-27-2004
Faris
Re: Instrument Scraping Standards for Pipelines Gentlemen:

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|