where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
thickness measurement of buried pipeline
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

IMG ULTRASUONI SRL
Ultrasonic transducers for industrial applications (NDT) and medical (Doppler effect). Probes, Ultrasonic instruments, Special systems for NDT.

01:13 Jan-14-2003
paresh
thickness measurement of buried pipeline

I am interested to purchase system which an carry thickness measurement of buried installed pipeline especially near railway crossings. Could anybody suggest the best testing equipment details etc.

03:37 Jan-15-2003
Peter Philipp
Re: thickness measurement of buried pipeline Dear Paresh,

I assume you want to inspect pipe under rail crossings is this correct?

We are Guided Ultrasonics Ltd and we manufacture the Wavemaker pipe screening equipment that has been designed specifically for this type of application and it is being used a lot in the US for this.

It does not directly measure wall thickess but it does identify change in cross section and can detect changes of about 5%. From this you can infer approximate wall thickness.

Our equipment is second generation equipment you can get more info from our website www.guided-ultrasonics.com

We will be happy to quote for equipment and training but would like more details about the application such as
What sort of length do you want to test
Diameter of pipes
Are the pipes coated with anything
General visual condition of pipe
How are they buried i.e. in sleeves, concrete, earth etc.
All the above have an affect on the performance so it would be useful to know.

Please contact me if you want any further information.

: I am interested to purchase system which an carry thickness measurement of buried installed pipeline especially near railway crossings. Could anybody suggest the best testing equipment details etc.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|