where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
paresh
paresh
01:13 Jan-14-2003
thickness measurement of buried pipeline

I am interested to purchase system which an carry thickness measurement of buried installed pipeline especially near railway crossings. Could anybody suggest the best testing equipment details etc.

Peter Philipp
Peter Philipp
03:37 Jan-15-2003
Re: thickness measurement of buried pipeline
Dear Paresh,

I assume you want to inspect pipe under rail crossings is this correct?

We are Guided Ultrasonics Ltd and we manufacture the Wavemaker pipe screening equipment that has been designed specifically for this type of application and it is being used a lot in the US for this.

It does not directly measure wall thickess but it does identify change in cross section and can detect changes of about 5%. From this you can infer approximate wall thickness.

Our equipment is second generation equipment you can get more info from our website www.guided-ultrasonics.com

We will be happy to quote for equipment and training but would like more details about the application such as
What sort of length do you want to test
Diameter of pipes
Are the pipes coated with anything
General visual condition of pipe
How are they buried i.e. in sleeves, concrete, earth etc.
All the above have an affect on the performance so it would be useful to know.

Please contact me if you want any further information.

: I am interested to purchase system which an carry thickness measurement of buried installed pipeline especially near railway crossings. Could anybody suggest the best testing equipment details etc.

Product Spotlight

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window