where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
David Hermanutz
Consultant,
Hbndt.com, China, Joined Jul 2012, 85

David Hermanutz

Consultant,
Hbndt.com,
China,
Joined Jul 2012
03:55 Jan-20-2003
Agfa to Dis-invest in NDT group

http://news.agfa.com/corporate/news.nsf/news/EB5B3335376BA920C1256CB400205FE5?opendocument

Dear Forum,

The latest aquisition by General Electric has opened up an interesting situation for most everyone involved in Industrial Ultrasonics and NDT.

I believe everyone involved with this forum over the years has enjoyed the leadership, openness and sharing of experiences and challenges we face on a daily basis. GE has coined a new term called "boundarylessness" to open up the walls within thier organization which has allowed for a free and open practice of business. I look forward to seeing some of these words put into action in the coming year in both the Panametrics and Krautkramer offices.

Best Regards,

David Hermanutz
GE Panametrics
Melbourne Australia

Chris Coughlin
Chris Coughlin
01:30 Jan-20-2003
Re: Agfa to Dis-invest in NDT group
Does anyone have any insight into why there seems to be so much consolidation in NDT as of late?

Joe Buckley, Sonatest PLc
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 517

Joe Buckley, Sonatest PLc

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
00:30 Jan-21-2003
Re: Agfa to Dis-invest in NDT group
My feelings on this are obviously not neutral, since my employer will be the primary global competition to this new creature, But I cant help feeling that one company (I dont think we can regard GE Power and Aircraft as 'separate' in this context) having around two thirds of the Ultrasonic market with the financial muscle of GE behind it could make things very uncomfortable for the rest of us, and is probably not in the interests of the users.

In the previous era this would never have happened, (I know it was seriously considered) But I guess the Microsoft case shows that the American Anti-trust/monopoly law is effectively a thing of the past, So I fear it will probably go ahead.

Maybe I'm being paranoid. What do the equipment users think?

Joe

: http://news.agfa.com/corporate/news.nsf/news/EB5B3335376BA920C1256CB400205FE5?opendocument
: Dear Forum,
: The latest aquisition by General Electric has opened up an interesting situation for most everyone involved in Industrial Ultrasonics and NDT.
: I believe everyone involved with this forum over the years has enjoyed the leadership, openness and sharing of experiences and challenges we face on a daily basis. GE has coined a new term called "boundarylessness" to open up the walls within thier organization which has allowed for a free and open practice of business. I look forward to seeing some of these words put into action in the coming year in both the Panametrics and Krautkramer offices.
: Best Regards,
: David Hermanutz
: GE Panametrics
: Melbourne Australia

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

ISAFE3 Intrinsically Safe Sensor System

ISAFE3 intrinsically safe sensor system of Vallen Systeme is especially targeted at the petrochemica
l - as well as oil and gas transportation industry. The sensor system is designed for permanent monitoring or periodic inspection tasks. Sensors are available for different AE-frequency ranges optimized for corrosion and fatigue crack detection and other applications. The ISAFE 3 sensor system consists of an AE-sensor (model ISAS3) certified according to ATEX/IEC for installation in zone 0, gas group IIC, IP68, 20 to +60 °C, and a signal isolator (model SISO3) certified for installation in zone 2. An ISAS3 sensor can be mounted in atmosphere or submerged, e.g. in water or crude oil. It is supported by mounting tools for temporary (magnets) or permanent (welded) installation. ISAFE3 supports automatic sensor coupling test and can be used with any AE signal processor supporting 28V supply at 90 mA peak, e.g. Vallen Systeme ASIP-2/A.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

EPOCH 6LT

The EPOCH 6LT flaw detector is optimized for one-handed operation in rope access and high-portab
ility applications. Lightweight with a grip-oriented weight distribution, the instrument fits securely in a user’s hand or can be strapped to their leg using the rope access accessory kit. The clear, bright screen makes A-scans readable in any light while the intuitive software enables fast navigation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s