where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Agfa to Dis-invest in NDT group
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

NT - Nove technologie s.r.o.
Ultrasonic gel for NDT application. Various types of ultrasonic agents. Starsonic SS2, SS3

03:55 Jan-20-2003

David Hermanutz

Consultant,
Hbndt.com,
China,
Joined Jul 2012
Agfa to Dis-invest in NDT group

http://news.agfa.com/corporate/news.nsf/news/EB5B3335376BA920C1256CB400205FE5?opendocument

Dear Forum,

The latest aquisition by General Electric has opened up an interesting situation for most everyone involved in Industrial Ultrasonics and NDT.

I believe everyone involved with this forum over the years has enjoyed the leadership, openness and sharing of experiences and challenges we face on a daily basis. GE has coined a new term called "boundarylessness" to open up the walls within thier organization which has allowed for a free and open practice of business. I look forward to seeing some of these words put into action in the coming year in both the Panametrics and Krautkramer offices.

Best Regards,

David Hermanutz
GE Panametrics
Melbourne Australia

01:30 Jan-20-2003
Chris Coughlin
Re: Agfa to Dis-invest in NDT group Does anyone have any insight into why there seems to be so much consolidation in NDT as of late?

00:30 Jan-21-2003

Joe Buckley, Sonatest PLc

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Agfa to Dis-invest in NDT group My feelings on this are obviously not neutral, since my employer will be the primary global competition to this new creature, But I cant help feeling that one company (I dont think we can regard GE Power and Aircraft as 'separate' in this context) having around two thirds of the Ultrasonic market with the financial muscle of GE behind it could make things very uncomfortable for the rest of us, and is probably not in the interests of the users.

In the previous era this would never have happened, (I know it was seriously considered) But I guess the Microsoft case shows that the American Anti-trust/monopoly law is effectively a thing of the past, So I fear it will probably go ahead.

Maybe I'm being paranoid. What do the equipment users think?

Joe

: http://news.agfa.com/corporate/news.nsf/news/EB5B3335376BA920C1256CB400205FE5?opendocument
: Dear Forum,
: The latest aquisition by General Electric has opened up an interesting situation for most everyone involved in Industrial Ultrasonics and NDT.
: I believe everyone involved with this forum over the years has enjoyed the leadership, openness and sharing of experiences and challenges we face on a daily basis. GE has coined a new term called "boundarylessness" to open up the walls within thier organization which has allowed for a free and open practice of business. I look forward to seeing some of these words put into action in the coming year in both the Panametrics and Krautkramer offices.
: Best Regards,
: David Hermanutz
: GE Panametrics
: Melbourne Australia

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|