where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
CORROSION PREVENTIVE PROCESSES FOR UH-60 BLACKHAWK
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

YXLON Copenhagen
YXLON Copenhagen is a highly specialized, award winning Danish company with 60 years of experience in portable X-ray solutions for industrial NDT.

04:47 Feb-11-2003

FRANKIE YAWN

Engineering
innovative technologies corp,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
CORROSION PREVENTIVE PROCESSES FOR UH-60 BLACKHAWK

I'M TRYING TO INVESTIGATE NEW CORRROSION PREVENTIVE PROCESSES AND TECHNOLOGIES WITH APPLICABILITY TO THE HH-60 TO IMPROVE RESISTANCE TO CORROSION FOR AIRCRAFT STRUCTURE(NOSE AVIONICS BAY AND UNDER FLOOR AREA)AND COMPONENTS(GEAR BOXES,LANDING GEAR,AIR-TO AIR REFUELING SYSTEM,FLIGHT CONTROL AND AVIONIC MOUNTS)THESE APPLICATIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO SEALING,COATINGS,ETC.I NEED SOME DATA ON THIS IF ANYONE CAN HELP.

06:35 Feb-14-2003
Anthony Bartos
Re: CORROSION PREVENTIVE PROCESSES FOR UH-60 BLACKHAWK : I'M TRYING TO INVESTIGATE NEW CORRROSION PREVENTIVE PROCESSES AND TECHNOLOGIES WITH APPLICABILITY TO THE HH-60 TO IMPROVE RESISTANCE TO CORROSION FOR AIRCRAFT STRUCTURE(NOSE AVIONICS BAY AND UNDER FLOOR AREA)AND COMPONENTS(GEAR BOXES,LANDING GEAR,AIR-TO AIR REFUELING SYSTEM,FLIGHT CONTROL AND AVIONIC MOUNTS)THESE APPLICATIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO SEALING,COATINGS,ETC.I NEED SOME DATA ON THIS IF ANYONE CAN HELP.

Dear Mr. Yawn,

I have done some experimental work with JHU NDE a few years ago that looked promising. I perform NDE-related consulting through Airstar, Inc., however, my "day job" is with the Computer Sciences Corporation. About a year ago Airstar & CSC signed an NDA to look into a novel detection technique (suggested by Airstar), which would couple the maintenance data to the internet (using the CSC connection). Unfortunately, CSC has not tried to market it, and we are quite busy on other things. If you wish to discuss this further I can be contacted during the day at 202-675-8860 or evening at 703-569-6295. My home e-mail is: babinak@aol.com

00:00 Feb-20-2003

Dave Forsyth

R & D
TRI/Austin,
USA,
Joined Nov 2001
Re: CORROSION PREVENTIVE PROCESSES FOR UH-60 BLACKHAWK I have done some work with S&K Technologies in Dayton OH, and I know they are doing research into corrosion prevention, detection, prediction, etc. for the USAF.

For more info, you could contact:
Dr. Jill Ullett
(937) 229-4717

Regards, Dave.

: I'M TRYING TO INVESTIGATE NEW CORRROSION PREVENTIVE PROCESSES AND TECHNOLOGIES WITH APPLICABILITY TO THE HH-60 TO IMPROVE RESISTANCE TO CORROSION FOR AIRCRAFT STRUCTURE(NOSE AVIONICS BAY AND UNDER FLOOR AREA)AND COMPONENTS(GEAR BOXES,LANDING GEAR,AIR-TO AIR REFUELING SYSTEM,FLIGHT CONTROL AND AVIONIC MOUNTS)THESE APPLICATIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO SEALING,COATINGS,ETC.I NEED SOME DATA ON THIS IF ANYONE CAN HELP.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|