where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
A Problem in "KB's USM 3S"
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

AT-Automation Technology GmbH
AT -Automation Technology is a systems house for industrial image processing. AT offers thermographic ndt systems as well as high-speed 3D sensors.

00:28 Mar-04-2003

Aziz U Rehman

R & D
Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad,
Pakistan,
Joined Apr 2001
A Problem in "KB's USM 3S"

Back Ground.
~~~~~~~~

In the High Voltage/Tension Card Sp 30085 - 3.220
a transformer is used to creates the high voltage for CRT of Upto 13 kV (Tr.1 30091 - 5.950).

From our experience from 9 out of 10 failures in that High Voltage/Tension Card in USM 3S, it is the transformer that fails.

Suggestion Needed:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am sure that so many of this reputed forum are still using KB's USM 3S's for Ultrasonic NDE, and there will definitely be someone, who came across the same problem, i.e. the failure of the transformer (Tr.1 30091 - 5.950) on the High Voltage/Tension Card.

I hereby, request the representatives in this forum for a solution (if there is any) of the above mentioned problem.

May be re-designing of the Transformer,
re-designing of the High Power/Tension Card,

Or may be a supplier or a instrumentation company, still repairing those boards.

Aziz U. Rehman,
Supervisor NDT Tubular Products,
IPSCO Saskatchewan Inc.,
P.O. Box 1670, Regina S4P 3C7,
Saskachewan, Canada
Tel: (306) 924-7628
Fax: (306) 924-7380

arehman@ipsco.com

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|