where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Jean-Claude Schwartz
Jean-Claude Schwartz
04:20 Mar-04-2003
Sound velocity of Aluminium

I will soon be in the process of ultrasonically inspecting the thickness of the fuselage of several old Bonanza Aircraft. Could anybody please supply me with the velocity of sound for 2024 Aluminium?

Thank you

Jens Forker
Jens Forker
04:32 Mar-04-2003
Re: Sound velocity of Aluminium
Hi,
try the following:

www.Krautkramer.com/reference/reference1.htm
www.ultrasonic.com/tables/index.htm

regards
Jens Forker

: I will soon be in the process of ultrasonically inspecting the thickness of the fuselage of several old Bonanza Aircraft. Could anybody please supply me with the velocity of sound for 2024 Aluminium?
: Thank you

Roubini Marini
Roubini Marini
04:47 Mar-04-2003
Re: Sound velocity of Aluminium
>the velocity of sound for 2024 Aluminium?

Al-2024-T4 0.246 in/usec= 0.625 cm/usec
steel correction 1.060

R.MARINI
HELLENIC AEROSPACE INDUSTRY sa

Product Spotlight

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window