where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
John
John
06:15 Mar-12-2003
Wave spreading at various frequencies in piezo strips

I am currently involved in a project investigating simple transducer arrays, where the transducers are merely strips of peizo electric material.

At lower frequencies the longditudinal waves spread out more increasing the range of the array, at higher frequencys the scan is more focused.

My question is why? Is it due to simple diffraction from the surface of the strip?

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1286

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
06:21 Mar-12-2003
Re: Wave spreading at various frequencies in piezo strips
You are correct in assuming this is a diffraction effect.
go to this website for a better explantion;

http://www.ndt.net/article/az/ut_idx.htm

Ed

: I am currently involved in a project investigating simple transducer arrays, where the transducers are merely strips of peizo electric material.
: At lower frequencies the longditudinal waves spread out more increasing the range of the array, at higher frequencys the scan is more focused.
: My question is why? Is it due to simple diffraction from the surface of the strip?

Edward Purchase
Edward Purchase
02:26 Jun-30-2003
Re: Wave spreading at various frequencies in piezo strips
Hello,

I am conducting and investigation into the peizoelectric effect. Did you make the peizo strips yourself? And if so, how?

Product Spotlight

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

A1525 SOLO

A1525 Solo – the most compact and affordable TMF unit with two phased array transducers and 3D v
isualization and analysis software in standard delivery set. A compact, ergonomic and easy to handheld Phased Array unit based on Total Focusing Method for easy-going imaging of inspection objects with two-dimensional and three-dimensional visualization and evaluation of inspection results.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window