where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
John
John
06:15 Mar-12-2003
Wave spreading at various frequencies in piezo strips

I am currently involved in a project investigating simple transducer arrays, where the transducers are merely strips of peizo electric material.

At lower frequencies the longditudinal waves spread out more increasing the range of the array, at higher frequencys the scan is more focused.

My question is why? Is it due to simple diffraction from the surface of the strip?

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1236

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
06:21 Mar-12-2003
Re: Wave spreading at various frequencies in piezo strips
You are correct in assuming this is a diffraction effect.
go to this website for a better explantion;

http://www.ndt.net/article/az/ut_idx.htm

Ed

: I am currently involved in a project investigating simple transducer arrays, where the transducers are merely strips of peizo electric material.
: At lower frequencies the longditudinal waves spread out more increasing the range of the array, at higher frequencys the scan is more focused.
: My question is why? Is it due to simple diffraction from the surface of the strip?

Edward Purchase
Edward Purchase
02:26 Jun-30-2003
Re: Wave spreading at various frequencies in piezo strips
Hello,

I am conducting and investigation into the peizoelectric effect. Did you make the peizo strips yourself? And if so, how?

Product Spotlight

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window