where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
JACKY CHEN
Engineering
Taiwan, Province of China, Joined Aug 2002, 5

JACKY CHEN

Engineering
Taiwan, Province of China,
Joined Aug 2002
06:08 Mar-24-2003
EXTREME VALUE STATISTIC

Dear all:

Can anybody tell me what is the "Extreme Value Statistic" means? Also, could anybody tell me where I can get sone information about the "Extreme Value Statictics"?

Kris Van de Rostyne
Kris Van de Rostyne
06:49 Mar-24-2003
Re: EXTREME VALUE STATISTIC
: Dear all:
: Can anybody tell me what is the "Extreme Value Statistic" means? Also, could anybody tell me where I can get sone information about the "Extreme Value Statictics"?
Hello,
Extreme value statistics is used in NDT to describe the statistical behavior of local corrosion phenomena like e.g. pitting corrosion. E.g. Leaking of a container will result as soon as ONE ('extreme') pit is as large as the container wall thickness. To predict a maximum expected pit depth from a limited set of measurements, extreme value calculations are required. Care should be taken when sampling the data.
Details can be found in:
*”Introduction to life prediction of industrial plant materials: Application of the extreme value statistical method for corrosion analysis”, editor M. Kowaka, Allerton Press Inc., 1994
*”Extremes: Statistical Theory and Applications in Science, Engineering and Economics”, Editor-in-Chief: H. Rootzén, Kluwer, 1999

Hope this helps,

Kris

F.Mustapha
F.Mustapha
00:27 Apr-21-2005
Re: EXTREME VALUE STATISTIC
: : Dear all:
: .
: : Can anybody tell me what is the "Extreme Value Statistic" means? Also, could anybody tell me where I can get sone information about the "Extreme Value Statictics"?
: .
: Hello,
: Extreme value statistics is used in NDT to describe the statistical behavior of local corrosion phenomena like e.g. pitting corrosion. E.g. Leaking of a container will result as soon as ONE ('extreme') pit is as large as the container wall thickness. To predict a maximum expected pit depth from a limited set of measurements, extreme value calculations are required. Care should be taken when sampling the data.
: Details can be found in:
: *”Introduction to life prediction of industrial plant materials: Application of the extreme value statistical method for corrosion analysis”, editor M. Kowaka, Allerton Press Inc., 1994
: *”Extremes: Statistical Theory and Applications in Science, Engineering and Economics”, Editor-in-Chief: H. Rootzén, Kluwer, 1999
: Hope this helps,
: Kris

Principle Component Analysis (PCA) is one of EVS methods that have the capability to reduce dimension in vectorial form of data. Try any search engine to get this definition or if you're in doubt you can contact me and i'll send few journals paper that relates with this statistical approaches.

cheers

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window