where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Cost Benefits/Economics of NDT
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

IMechE Engineering Training Solutions
World leading provider of Non-Destructive Testing and Corrosion Prevention and Coatings training, examinations and Level 3 Consultancy Services

04:34 Jan-05-1999
Richard Finlayson
Cost Benefits/Economics of NDT

I need to find information on cost benefits of NDT. I have to sell NDT inspections as cost effective and benficial inspections. The party that I must convince are not experts in NDT and are only interested in the bottom line savings. They would like to see dollars saved. I am looking for any resourses that would give me this information.
Thanks for your help.

02:05 Jan-06-1999
John McCanna
Re: Cost Benefits/Economics of NDT : I need to find information on cost benefits of NDT. I have to sell NDT inspections as cost effective and benficial inspections. The party that I must convince are not experts in NDT and are only interested in the bottom line savings. They would like to see dollars saved. I am looking for any resourses that would give me this information.
: Thanks for your help.

Dear Rick

I have utilized information contained in articles such
as:
"EQUIPMENT INTEGRITY INSPECTIONS ESSENTIAL TO RISK MANAGEMENT"
BY Helmut Thielsch & Florence Cone. CSNDT Journal Vol.-17, No.6 NOV?DEC 1996; and
"A COST OF QUALITY: THREE FINANCIAL METHODS FOR MAKING INSPECTION DECISIONS"
ASNT Materials Evaluation.

They worked for me. Good Luck.

John

03:24 Feb-23-1999

Tom Murphy

NDT Inspector
USA,
Joined Jul 2000
Re: Cost Benefits/Economics of NDT : : I need to find information on cost benefits of NDT. I have to sell NDT inspections as cost effective and benficial inspections. The party that I must convince are not experts in NDT and are only interested in the bottom line savings. They would like to see dollars saved. I am looking for any resourses that would give me this information.
: : Thanks for your help.

: Dear Rick

: I have utilized information contained in articles such
: as:
: "EQUIPMENT INTEGRITY INSPECTIONS ESSENTIAL TO RISK MANAGEMENT"
: BY Helmut Thielsch & Florence Cone. CSNDT Journal Vol.-17, No.6 NOV?DEC 1996; and
: "A COST OF QUALITY: THREE FINANCIAL METHODS FOR MAKING INSPECTION DECISIONS"
: ASNT Materials Evaluation.

: They worked for me. Good Luck.

: John

Hello,

I took a short course called NDT in the Quality
Hierarchy of ISO, TQM and SPC. It contained a good
deal of the outlining process of justification of
NDE/NDT from and economics basis.

The instructor was Emmanuel Papadakis, andthe course
took place at the 1998 fall conference in Nashville.
I don't have his business card, but perhaps you could
contact ASNT (they sponsored the course) for further
info.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|