where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ZETEC, Inc.

Technical Discussions
Tino Volpe
Tino Volpe
01:34 Jan-06-1999
Surface roughness measurements

Hi everyone. I'm sorry that this is not related to this month's articles but I have a request. I am doing a study on the machinability of platinum and in order to quantify my results, I need to measure surface roughness. Does anyone know where I can rent an instrument for a short period of time to do this? I would appreciate any leads.

Thanks

Tino

Mark C. Malburg
Mark C. Malburg
03:36 Jan-07-2000
Re: Surface roughness measurements
EMI Gage
847-277-7511

Ask for Jeff, tell him I sent you!

- Mark

: Hi everyone. I'm sorry that this is not related to this month's articles but I have a request. I am doing a study on the machinability of platinum and in order to quantify my results, I need to measure surface roughness. Does anyone know where I can rent an instrument for a short period of time to do this? I would appreciate any leads.

: Thanks

: Tino

Phil Washburn
Phil Washburn
03:48 Mar-22-2000
Re: Surface roughness measurements
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody had a good estimation of the
roughness of wax. It is for my senior design project and
I would love it if anybody had a good guess. Thanks,

Phil Washburn
oredigger99@hotmail.com

Product Spotlight

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window