where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
damoon sima
damoon sima
00:21 Apr-08-2003
stress measurment by eddy current

i'm a student of mechanical engineering in tehran polytechnic university.
i wanna know if it is possible to measure the residual stress
by eddycurrent.if it is possible please show me some refrances
about this matter.
i want to plan some experiments on this field.please help me in this way.
many thanks

Tom Bloodworth
Tom Bloodworth
00:36 Apr-10-2003
Re: stress measurment by eddy current
"Wanna" know?!

Residual Stress may be measured using electromagnetic methods, but is is quite a difficult problem. I do not have references to hand, but do a search for work by David Buttle at AEA Technology. He developed the MAPS system which, to my knowledge, is the only such non-destructive method that can measure absolute stress.

: i'm a student of mechanical engineering in tehran polytechnic university.
: i wanna know if it is possible to measure the residual stress
: by eddycurrent.if it is possible please show me some refrances
: about this matter.
: i want to plan some experiments on this field.please help me in this way.
: many thanks

Product Spotlight

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window