where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Charlie Jackson
Engineering
MBINSPECTION, United Kingdom, Joined Aug 2003, 7

Charlie Jackson

Engineering
MBINSPECTION,
United Kingdom,
Joined Aug 2003
01:04 Apr-08-2003
Re: TOFD Ultrasonic System

: Could anybody provide me the best source for purchasing a TOFD
: ultrasonic system for evaluating HIC/SOHIC occurence on pressure vessel and pipelines up to 3" OD minimum in the LNG plant situated in an offshore environment. I've heard of Ultratek system from US, but I could not justify them fully to our Cost Control Department because there are other similar system available in UK which seems to be more commercially acceptable.
: I believe that only those with vast experience on the use of this equipment could give a better appraisal as they would know the hidden weakness of various system available in the market.

In line with some of the previous messages posted TOFD would not be a first line tool in the location and quantification of HIC, considerable work can be performed using manual pulse echo but for monitoring purposes Automated Pulse Echo is really the only tried and tested method. TOFD may have some use in the examination of SOHIC at the HAZ put the seperations likely to be associated with the degradation mechanism could well cause confusion during interpratation. Whatever you decide I would suggest you do not use it as a stand alone technique at any time for this application.

Product Spotlight

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Panther

The Panther product range combines speed and performance of phased- array ultrasound technology in
a compact format. Targeted towards integrators for inline inspections and laboratories for R&D, Panter products offer a flexible and scalable solution for generic and custom NDT.
>

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window