where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Charlie Jackson
Engineering
MBINSPECTION, United Kingdom, Joined Aug 2003, 7

Charlie Jackson

Engineering
MBINSPECTION,
United Kingdom,
Joined Aug 2003
01:04 Apr-08-2003
Re: TOFD Ultrasonic System

: Could anybody provide me the best source for purchasing a TOFD
: ultrasonic system for evaluating HIC/SOHIC occurence on pressure vessel and pipelines up to 3" OD minimum in the LNG plant situated in an offshore environment. I've heard of Ultratek system from US, but I could not justify them fully to our Cost Control Department because there are other similar system available in UK which seems to be more commercially acceptable.
: I believe that only those with vast experience on the use of this equipment could give a better appraisal as they would know the hidden weakness of various system available in the market.

In line with some of the previous messages posted TOFD would not be a first line tool in the location and quantification of HIC, considerable work can be performed using manual pulse echo but for monitoring purposes Automated Pulse Echo is really the only tried and tested method. TOFD may have some use in the examination of SOHIC at the HAZ put the seperations likely to be associated with the degradation mechanism could well cause confusion during interpratation. Whatever you decide I would suggest you do not use it as a stand alone technique at any time for this application.

Product Spotlight

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s