where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Patrick
Patrick
03:55 Apr-09-2003
EMAT technology ?

Hi,
I am making research about the EMAT Technology. I understand that the ultrasound waves are generated by a coil, but what about receive returned echo ? Is the receiver a piezo or another coil ?
I would be grateful if someone can help. Internet addresses about EMAT are also very precious.

Thank you

Patrick

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
02:11 Apr-10-2003
Re: EMAT technology ?
Hello Patrick,

This site should be a good start to study EMAT:

http://www.nordinkraft.com/eng/technology/tecnology_en.htm

All the best, Joerg.

miveb
miveb
06:09 Jul-27-2004
Re: EMAT technology ?
: Hi,
: I am making research about the EMAT Technology. I understand that the ultrasound waves are generated by a coil, but what about receive returned echo ? Is the receiver a piezo or another coil ?
: I would be grateful if someone can help. Internet addresses about EMAT are also very precious.
: Thank you
: Patrick
The receiver is another coil.

Product Spotlight

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

35 years of VOGT Ultrasonics!

This year we are celebrating a company anniversary! 35 years have passed since we first took our t
est device and swung the probe on behalf of safety. But our ultrasonic know-how goes back many years..
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s