where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

AT-Automation Technology GmbH
AT -Automation Technology is a systems house for industrial image processing. AT offers thermographic ndt systems as well as high-speed 3D sensors.
Technical Discussions
Surinder Pal
Engineering
IIT, India, Joined Apr 2003, 1

Surinder Pal

Engineering
IIT,
India,
Joined Apr 2003
09:34 Apr-16-2003
ASTM designation

Dear Sir/Madam,

>I have been working on pipe sizing for power plants. The >material for some pipes is "17 MN Mo 64 DIN".
>I am not familiar with this designation. Would you please help me with the equal designation of this material according to ASTM Code??
>I would also like to learn the method of designation used with "17 MN Mo 64 DIN".
>Please inform.
>Thanks a lot.
Surinder Pal

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
01:35 Apr-18-2003
Re: ASTM designation
Surinder, I am not at all a steel expert but when in
doubt about different designations between DIN and
other standards one place to start looking would be
ASTM, maybe here:

http://www.astm.org/WSTEEL/worldsteel.pdf

Good luck, Joerg.

Product Spotlight

On-Demand Webinar: Advanced Ultrasonic Techniques for HTHA Detection & Assessment

In the Oil and Gas industry, High Temperature Hydrogen Attack (HTHA) can occur in steels operating a
t high temperature, usually above 205°C (400°F). Early stages of HTHA are very difficult to detect. Join us for a webinar presented by Guy Maes, Zetec Sales Engineer Director. The webinar will demonstrate how advanced ultrasonic techniques are deployed for efficient and reliable HTHA inspections.
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window