where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Iris Inspection Services, Inc.
We are the world's largest supplier of air cooler, boiler and exchanger tubing inspection services.

Technical Discussions
Surinder Pal
Engineering
IIT, India, Joined Apr 2003, 1

Surinder Pal

Engineering
IIT,
India,
Joined Apr 2003
09:34 Apr-16-2003
ASTM designation

Dear Sir/Madam,

>I have been working on pipe sizing for power plants. The >material for some pipes is "17 MN Mo 64 DIN".
>I am not familiar with this designation. Would you please help me with the equal designation of this material according to ASTM Code??
>I would also like to learn the method of designation used with "17 MN Mo 64 DIN".
>Please inform.
>Thanks a lot.
Surinder Pal

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
01:35 Apr-18-2003
Re: ASTM designation
Surinder, I am not at all a steel expert but when in
doubt about different designations between DIN and
other standards one place to start looking would be
ASTM, maybe here:

http://www.astm.org/WSTEEL/worldsteel.pdf

Good luck, Joerg.

Product Spotlight

Webinar: FMC & Advanced Focusing Techniques for Improved Ultrasonic Inspections

Phased array ultrasound is now a commonly accepted inspection technology. Now there is excitement ar
ound new techniques in Phased Array: Full Matrix Capture (FMC) & Total Focusing Method (TFM). Our webinar on December 5 & 6 will illustrate how these techniques, implemented on a TOPAZ64 instrument, can improve the results of existing inspections. Register today.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high perf
ormance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s