where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Surinder Pal
Engineering
IIT, India, Joined Apr 2003, 1

Surinder Pal

Engineering
IIT,
India,
Joined Apr 2003
09:34 Apr-16-2003
ASTM designation

Dear Sir/Madam,

>I have been working on pipe sizing for power plants. The >material for some pipes is "17 MN Mo 64 DIN".
>I am not familiar with this designation. Would you please help me with the equal designation of this material according to ASTM Code??
>I would also like to learn the method of designation used with "17 MN Mo 64 DIN".
>Please inform.
>Thanks a lot.
Surinder Pal

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
01:35 Apr-18-2003
Re: ASTM designation
Surinder, I am not at all a steel expert but when in
doubt about different designations between DIN and
other standards one place to start looking would be
ASTM, maybe here:

http://www.astm.org/WSTEEL/worldsteel.pdf

Good luck, Joerg.

Product Spotlight

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window