where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
pierre MARTY
R & D
Saab Aeronautic, Sweden, Joined Jul 2002, 5

pierre MARTY

R & D
Saab Aeronautic,
Sweden,
Joined Jul 2002
02:12 Apr-24-2003
Special coating for impact detection on composites

HI all

I recently heard about a product in which I would be interested if I had more information about it. This product is a (transparent ?) coating that can be sprayed on a composite structure. If the structure is impacted, the coating would keep 'memory' of the impact and would reveal it under fringing or UV light.
This is of course a very interesting product for localisation of sub surface small imact damages on composites.

That's all i know about it, plus that it is already an operational product and is, from what i heard, used by ARDE. But I do not know anything about its name, the company that produces it, etc.
Does anybody here know more about such product ?

Thanks in advance

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
02:50 Apr-24-2003
Re: Special coating for impact detection on composites
Hi Pierre,

Maybe a good start would be to check out SPIE at:
www.spie.org

This organization deals a lot with imaging, coatings etc.

Another might be the Brinell Centre in Stockholm.

Good luck, Joerg.

Product Spotlight

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window