where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON Copenhagen
YXLON Copenhagen is a highly specialized, award winning Danish company with 60 years of experience in portable X-ray solutions for industrial NDT.
Technical Discussions
Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1268

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
03:50 Jan-14-1999
CW pulsers

I would like to carry out some research using continuous waves but continuous wave pulsers are a rare item these days.
There used to be a unit made by ARULABs, the ARULAB Model PG650 pulsed oscillator, but it is no longer available.
Does anyone know where I could get a used PG650? (it could be tuned between 0.5 to 25MHz and voltage was selectable from 0 to 2000Volts)

Are there similar options made by anyone? or are there any other practical options I can consider?

Thanks
Ed

Wieslaw Bicz
Wieslaw Bicz
04:23 Jan-14-1999
Re: CW pulsers
: I would like to carry out some research using continuous waves but continuous wave pulsers are a rare item these days.
: There used to be a unit made by ARULABs, the ARULAB Model PG650 pulsed oscillator, but it is no longer available.
: Does anyone know where I could get a used PG650? (it could be tuned between 0.5 to 25MHz and voltage was selectable from 0 to 2000Volts)

: Are there similar options made by anyone? or are there any other practical options I can consider?

: Thanks
: Ed

I think, we can do such a device for you, please specify your needs. It
is not a standard product of us, but we have made some such devices for
special purposes and have enough experience. Tell us, how large should
be a power on the output and the impedance of the transducers you want
to use.

Wieslaw Bicz

Richard Freemantle
Richard Freemantle
04:35 Jan-14-1999
Re: CW pulsers
: I would like to carry out some research using continuous waves but continuous wave pulsers are a rare item these days.
: There used to be a unit made by ARULABs, the ARULAB Model PG650 pulsed oscillator, but it is no longer available.
: Does anyone know where I could get a used PG650? (it could be tuned between 0.5 to 25MHz and voltage was selectable from 0 to 2000Volts)

: Are there similar options made by anyone? or are there any other practical options I can consider?

: Thanks
: Ed

Dear Ed,

We used to do some work with gated tone bursts for Lamb wave excitation. We employed an arbitrary function
generator and amplified the signals with some wideband power amps. The function generator could also be used to
generate continuous wave signals. The kit was quite old but you might be able to track down something similar.

The function generator was a LeCroy 9100, it could clock out signals with a max rate of 200 MHz and could hold up to a 32K
point waveform. It could also be programmed as a sine wave frequency generator with a frequency range of 0.05 Hz to 200 MHz.
The waveform output level was variable up to about 10 Volts.

The power amps were two Research Communications 9045 power amps (MOSFET I think) with a gain of about 20 dB each. I think these gave
a max output of about 50 Volts.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Richard Freemantle

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window