where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Zawada NDT
Suppliers of instruments to test steel wire ropes in-situ, using magnetic, non-destructive method.

Technical Discussions
Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1236

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
03:50 Jan-14-1999
CW pulsers

I would like to carry out some research using continuous waves but continuous wave pulsers are a rare item these days.
There used to be a unit made by ARULABs, the ARULAB Model PG650 pulsed oscillator, but it is no longer available.
Does anyone know where I could get a used PG650? (it could be tuned between 0.5 to 25MHz and voltage was selectable from 0 to 2000Volts)

Are there similar options made by anyone? or are there any other practical options I can consider?

Thanks
Ed

Wieslaw Bicz
Wieslaw Bicz
04:23 Jan-14-1999
Re: CW pulsers
: I would like to carry out some research using continuous waves but continuous wave pulsers are a rare item these days.
: There used to be a unit made by ARULABs, the ARULAB Model PG650 pulsed oscillator, but it is no longer available.
: Does anyone know where I could get a used PG650? (it could be tuned between 0.5 to 25MHz and voltage was selectable from 0 to 2000Volts)

: Are there similar options made by anyone? or are there any other practical options I can consider?

: Thanks
: Ed

I think, we can do such a device for you, please specify your needs. It
is not a standard product of us, but we have made some such devices for
special purposes and have enough experience. Tell us, how large should
be a power on the output and the impedance of the transducers you want
to use.

Wieslaw Bicz

Richard Freemantle
Richard Freemantle
04:35 Jan-14-1999
Re: CW pulsers
: I would like to carry out some research using continuous waves but continuous wave pulsers are a rare item these days.
: There used to be a unit made by ARULABs, the ARULAB Model PG650 pulsed oscillator, but it is no longer available.
: Does anyone know where I could get a used PG650? (it could be tuned between 0.5 to 25MHz and voltage was selectable from 0 to 2000Volts)

: Are there similar options made by anyone? or are there any other practical options I can consider?

: Thanks
: Ed

Dear Ed,

We used to do some work with gated tone bursts for Lamb wave excitation. We employed an arbitrary function
generator and amplified the signals with some wideband power amps. The function generator could also be used to
generate continuous wave signals. The kit was quite old but you might be able to track down something similar.

The function generator was a LeCroy 9100, it could clock out signals with a max rate of 200 MHz and could hold up to a 32K
point waveform. It could also be programmed as a sine wave frequency generator with a frequency range of 0.05 Hz to 200 MHz.
The waveform output level was variable up to about 10 Volts.

The power amps were two Research Communications 9045 power amps (MOSFET I think) with a gain of about 20 dB each. I think these gave
a max output of about 50 Volts.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Richard Freemantle

Product Spotlight

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window