where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
M. de Weert
M. de Weert
09:24 May-20-2003
Bearing inspections tools

Dear Madam, Sir,

For general bearing inspection, it is a requirement to use a ball scriber. It looks like a pen, with a small ball on the tip. the ball has a specified diameter. The tool is used to feel, by scribing the tool over the part, if there is any defect on the surface of the bearing.

I do not know, if this is the common name for this tool (it does not show up on search engines), but I am looking for a company that supplies this tool. Giving me the more common name of this tool would also be a great help.

Please inform

Kind regards,
M. de Weert
Repair Engineer
Standard Aero

Emil MICU
Emil MICU
01:24 Dec-01-2003
Re: Bearing inspections tools
: Dear Madam, Sir,
: For general bearing inspection, it is a requirement to use a ball scriber. It looks like a pen, with a small ball on the tip. the ball has a specified diameter. The tool is used to feel, by scribing the tool over the part, if there is any defect on the surface of the bearing.
: I do not know, if this is the common name for this tool (it does not show up on search engines), but I am looking for a company that supplies this tool. Giving me the more common name of this tool would also be a great help.
: Please inform
: Kind regards,
: Radu MICU
: Service Manager
: KALTECO Marine

W. Mariacher
W. Mariacher
06:41 Dec-14-2004
Angebot
Sehr geehrter Herr Micu,

leider können wir mit den Preisen pro / kg nicht verwenden. (siehe Anhang). bitte teilen sie uns den komplett Preis mit.

Vielen Dank

W. Mariacher

Sehr geeherte Herren,

Wir haben unsere Preise fuer die von Ihnen nachgefragten Produkte kalkuliert und fuer Sie ein Angebot zusammengefasst:

1. Preis fuer die C1238082 Grundplatte - 2 EURO/Kg.
2. Preis fuer das B1032199 Pumpengeheuse - 3,8 EURO/Kg.
3. Preis fuer das B1246418 Tauchrohr - 3,25 EURO/Kg.
4. Preis fuer die Sandstrahlreinigung, Grundierung und Bemalung - 0,55 EURO/Kg.

Wir warten auf eine Antwort von Ihnen,

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
Radu Micu.

Product Spotlight

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window