where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
system for Gold Plate Inspection
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

02:13 May-20-2003

kumar

Director
India,
Joined Feb 2000
system for Gold Plate Inspection

We are NDT Company based in Mumbai, we need to perform inspection on Gold Plates ranging in Thickness from 1mm to 5mm. Can anybody advise/suggest any company which manufacture systems for Inspection of above material.

Regards,
kumar

03:44 May-20-2003

Dana H. Ives

Engineering
CoreStar International Corp.,
USA,
Joined Jan 2003
Re: system for Gold Plate Inspection :
: We are NDT Company based in Mumbai, we need to perform inspection on Gold Plates ranging in Thickness from 1mm to 5mm. Can anybody advise/suggest any company which manufacture systems for Inspection of above material.
: Regards,
: kumar
Kumar,

Depending upon the type and orientation of the flaws you need to find, eddy current testing might satisfy your requirements.
Many different coil configurations can be designed to fit your needs. Please contact me via email to obtain details.

Best Regards,

Dana

05:30 May-20-2003

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: system for Gold Plate Inspection : :
: : We are NDT Company based in Mumbai, we need to perform inspection on Gold Plates ranging in Thickness from 1mm to 5mm. Can anybody advise/suggest any company which manufacture systems for Inspection of above material.
: .
: : Regards,
: : kumar
: Kumar,
: Depending upon the type and orientation of the flaws you need to find, eddy current testing might satisfy your requirements.
: Many different coil configurations can be designed to fit your needs. Please contact me via email to obtain details.
: Best Regards,
: Dana
Dear Kumar,
Further to Dana's reply about Eddy Current testing, can I suggest that you contact Mr. Pravin Dhole in Pune on 020 6122 488 or look at www.Technofour.com. They are based only a couple of hundred Kilometers from Mumbai.

Please advise him that I suggested you contact him.
Regards,

Godfrey Hands.

02:59 May-20-2003
Richard Kazares
Re: system for Gold Plate Inspection : I think it important to know WHAT you are looking for in your inspection. If it is thickness - how accurate - and at what resolutions? (For example).

These requirements would help define what technology(ies) would be most suitable - and in what configurations.

: : We are NDT Company based in Mumbai, we need to perform inspection on Gold Plates ranging in Thickness from 1mm to 5mm. Can anybody advise/suggest any company which manufacture systems for Inspection of above material.
: : Regards,
: : kumar
: Kumar,
: Depending upon the type and orientation of the flaws you need to find, eddy current testing might satisfy your requirements.
: Many different coil configurations can be designed to fit your needs. Please contact me via email to obtain details.
: Best Regards,
: Dana

09:27 May-21-2003

Gopal Kidao

Engineering
Kidao labs/Madras Metallurgical Services,
India,
Joined Jul 2000
Re: system for Gold Plate Inspection : : :
: : : We are NDT Company based in Mumbai, we need to perform inspection on Gold Plates ranging in Thickness from 1mm to 5mm. Can anybody advise/suggest any company which manufacture systems for Inspection of above material.
: : .
: : : Regards,
: : : kumar
: : .
: : Kumar,

You could also check to see if an XRF Thickness Tester
can do the job for you. I'm not sure if it can measure in the range mentioned by you.
This equipment is available in Mumbai with:
Quantum Equipment Co. Ltd.
Quantum House, Plot No. A-265, Road No. 31
Wagle Estate, Thane (W) - 400 604,
Maharashtra, India
Tel. : +91 22 2582 2243 / 2582 0205
Fax : +91 22 2583 7438
E-mail : quantum@karatmeter.com
Contact Person: Mr. Musale

Regards,
Gopal Kidao
www.kidaolabs.com

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|