where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
David Harvey
Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang, USA, Joined Nov 2002, 42

David Harvey

Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
02:46 Jan-20-2009
Interpretation in NAS-410 re Cert Expiration

I am trying to implement NAS410, Revision 2. One of the many interesting new features of this document is the interpretation of qualification expiration - that a certification is considered to expire at the end of the month corresponding to the beginning of the certification period. For example, if an individual was certified as a Level II on April 8, 2000, then the expiration would be April 30, 2003 (using a 3-yr period).
Has anyone been using this interpretation before NAS-410 Revision 2 arrived? If so, what industry are you working in, and what have your Customers said? This small allowance has some benefits, I think, and the resulting imprecision of the expiration period is not going to have any real bearing on the actual abilities of the inspector. Your feedback is appreciated!

B Din
Malaysia, Joined Jan 2009, 4

B Din

Malaysia,
Joined Jan 2009
02:52 Jan-20-2009
Re: Interpretation in NAS-410 re Cert Expiration
In Reply to David Harvey at 02:46 Jan-20-2009 (Opening).

Hi David,
I believe you must be now working to NAS410 Rev. 3 as the issue has been released March last year.
I personally believe your interpretation is correct, and if I'm not mistaken the same approach implemented by ASNT to their certificates (validity period by month). However, to be on the safe side, I would stick to the date-to-date/ day basis.
The standard is the outline of the minimum requirement. We're okay to exceed the minimum requirement in that circumstance.

Product Spotlight

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window