where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

WesDyne International (AMDATA Products)
WesDyne is an engineering and technical services firm dedicated to providing standard and custom nondestructive examinations (NDE) products and systems
Technical Discussions
David Harvey
Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang, USA, Joined Nov 2002, 42

David Harvey

Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
02:46 Jan-20-2009
Interpretation in NAS-410 re Cert Expiration

I am trying to implement NAS410, Revision 2. One of the many interesting new features of this document is the interpretation of qualification expiration - that a certification is considered to expire at the end of the month corresponding to the beginning of the certification period. For example, if an individual was certified as a Level II on April 8, 2000, then the expiration would be April 30, 2003 (using a 3-yr period).
Has anyone been using this interpretation before NAS-410 Revision 2 arrived? If so, what industry are you working in, and what have your Customers said? This small allowance has some benefits, I think, and the resulting imprecision of the expiration period is not going to have any real bearing on the actual abilities of the inspector. Your feedback is appreciated!

B Din
Malaysia, Joined Jan 2009, 4

B Din

Malaysia,
Joined Jan 2009
02:52 Jan-20-2009
Re: Interpretation in NAS-410 re Cert Expiration
In Reply to David Harvey at 02:46 Jan-20-2009 (Opening).

Hi David,
I believe you must be now working to NAS410 Rev. 3 as the issue has been released March last year.
I personally believe your interpretation is correct, and if I'm not mistaken the same approach implemented by ASNT to their certificates (validity period by month). However, to be on the safe side, I would stick to the date-to-date/ day basis.
The standard is the outline of the minimum requirement. We're okay to exceed the minimum requirement in that circumstance.

Product Spotlight

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

32:128PR PAUT & 2-ch TOFD Flaw Detector: SyncScan 2

●32:128PR PAUT with optional 2-ch TOFD to maximize your efficiency ●Support PR mode for corrosi
on inspection ●Multiple solutions for welds & corrosion ●Faster scan speed (Approximately 3 meters/minute) ●Light weight: 4kg only including battery
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window