where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Teletest
Teletest Focus+ was the first system to use long-range guided wave ultrasonic testing to detect corrosion in pipelines.

Technical Discussions
Matthew Cook
Matthew Cook
02:24 May-30-2003
broad swath ultrasonic thickness testing of ships hulls

NDT folks,

I am looking for a NDT method of performing "full coverage" thickness testing of ships hulls. I need to be able to detect localised corrosion of the inside of a vessels hull by performing an outside scan. The ideal systems would provide 100% coverage of the submerged hull.

Any info/advice will be very appreciated.

Nick Welland
Nick Welland
01:03 May-31-2003
Re: broad swath ultrasonic thickness testing of ships hulls
: NDT folks,
: I am looking for a NDT method of performing "full coverage" thickness testing of ships hulls. I need to be able to detect localised corrosion of the inside of a vessels hull by performing an outside scan. The ideal systems would provide 100% coverage of the submerged hull.
: Any info/advice will be very appreciated.
I believe Det Norske Veritas developed an ROV to do this a couple of years ago.
Regards
Nick

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 278

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
00:21 Jun-01-2003
DNV did develop a version of their Corroscan system a numbe rof years ago for this application. it was relatively slow but marinised well. Physical Acoutsics/NDT Automation have developed a Large AREA UT C-Scan system which uses a stand off probe ideal for large resolution scanning but may need marinisation.

We successfully deployed scanning mechanisms for inspecting the bottom of captive tanker hulls for internal corrosion a number of years ago.

For more information contact me direct.

Richard Kazares
Richard Kazares
04:17 Jun-02-2003
Test message

: : NDT folks,
: .
: : I am looking for a NDT method of performing "full coverage" thickness testing of ships hulls. I need to be able to detect localised corrosion of the inside of a vessels hull by performing an outside scan. The ideal systems would provide 100% coverage of the submerged hull.
: : Any info/advice will be very appreciated.
: I believe Det Norske Veritas developed an ROV to do this a couple of years ago.
: Regards
: Nick

ishbel
Consultant, Engineering Consultant - NDT
Subsea 7, Norway, Joined Nov 1998, 11

ishbel

Consultant, Engineering Consultant - NDT
Subsea 7,
Norway,
Joined Nov 1998
09:40 Jun-06-2003
: DNV did develop a version of their Corroscan system a numbe rof years ago for this application. it was relatively slow but marinised well.

The system DNV developed was a resonance system (not ultrasonics) using low frequency sound travelling through water (not actually based on Corroscan, which itself is based on the Pscan). The system is fast, and is mounted onto a very agile ROV. The company now supplying the service is ARGUS-RTM, and more details can be found at
http://www.oceaneering.com/printpages/oilfield/rov/crawler.htm

Ishbel

Asad
Asad
00:57 Nov-16-2006
Dear?
I am sending you the proper link which will solve your problem.... please go to http://www.ndtpace.com
regards,
Asad
asadarizvi@yahoo.com
info@ndtpace.com

: NDT folks,
: I am looking for a NDT method of performing "full coverage" thickness testing of ships hulls. I need to be able to detect localised corrosion of the inside of a vessels hull by performing an outside scan. The ideal systems would provide 100% coverage of the submerged hull.
: Any info/advice will be very appreciated.

Asad
Asad
01:02 Nov-16-2006
Dear?
I am sending you the link which will solve your problem....please visit http://www.ndtpace.com
regards,
Asad
asadarizvi@yahoo.com
info@ndtpace.com

: : NDT folks,
: : I am looking for a NDT method of performing "full coverage" thickness testing of ships hulls. I need to be able to detect localised corrosion of the inside of a vessels hull by performing an outside scan. The ideal systems would provide 100% coverage of the submerged hull.
: : Any info/advice will be very appreciated.
: I believe Det Norske Veritas developed an ROV to do this a couple of years ago.
: Regards
: Nick

Product Spotlight

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window