where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
broad swath ultrasonic thickness testing of ships hulls
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Controle Mesure Systemes
Contrôle Mesure Systèmes designs, develops and manufactures nearly 30 years a complete NDT range of products in eddy current and ultrasonic testing methods.

02:24 May-30-2003
Matthew Cook
broad swath ultrasonic thickness testing of ships hulls

NDT folks,

I am looking for a NDT method of performing "full coverage" thickness testing of ships hulls. I need to be able to detect localised corrosion of the inside of a vessels hull by performing an outside scan. The ideal systems would provide 100% coverage of the submerged hull.

Any info/advice will be very appreciated.

01:03 May-31-2003
Nick Welland
Re: broad swath ultrasonic thickness testing of ships hulls : NDT folks,
: I am looking for a NDT method of performing "full coverage" thickness testing of ships hulls. I need to be able to detect localised corrosion of the inside of a vessels hull by performing an outside scan. The ideal systems would provide 100% coverage of the submerged hull.
: Any info/advice will be very appreciated.
I believe Det Norske Veritas developed an ROV to do this a couple of years ago.
Regards
Nick

00:21 Jun-01-2003

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: broad swath ultrasonic thickness testing of ships hulls DNV did develop a version of their Corroscan system a numbe rof years ago for this application. it was relatively slow but marinised well. Physical Acoutsics/NDT Automation have developed a Large AREA UT C-Scan system which uses a stand off probe ideal for large resolution scanning but may need marinisation.

We successfully deployed scanning mechanisms for inspecting the bottom of captive tanker hulls for internal corrosion a number of years ago.

For more information contact me direct.

04:17 Jun-02-2003
Richard Kazares
Re: broad swath ultrasonic thickness testing of ships hulls Test message

: : NDT folks,
: .
: : I am looking for a NDT method of performing "full coverage" thickness testing of ships hulls. I need to be able to detect localised corrosion of the inside of a vessels hull by performing an outside scan. The ideal systems would provide 100% coverage of the submerged hull.
: : Any info/advice will be very appreciated.
: I believe Det Norske Veritas developed an ROV to do this a couple of years ago.
: Regards
: Nick

09:40 Jun-06-2003

ishbel

Consultant, Engineering Consultant - NDT
Subsea 7,
Norway,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: broad swath ultrasonic thickness testing of ships hulls : DNV did develop a version of their Corroscan system a numbe rof years ago for this application. it was relatively slow but marinised well.

The system DNV developed was a resonance system (not ultrasonics) using low frequency sound travelling through water (not actually based on Corroscan, which itself is based on the Pscan). The system is fast, and is mounted onto a very agile ROV. The company now supplying the service is ARGUS-RTM, and more details can be found at
http://www.oceaneering.com/printpages/oilfield/rov/crawler.htm

Ishbel

00:57 Nov-16-2006
Asad
Re: broad swath ultrasonic thickness testing of ships hulls Dear?
I am sending you the proper link which will solve your problem.... please go to http://www.ndtpace.com
regards,
Asad
asadarizvi@yahoo.com
info@ndtpace.com

: NDT folks,
: I am looking for a NDT method of performing "full coverage" thickness testing of ships hulls. I need to be able to detect localised corrosion of the inside of a vessels hull by performing an outside scan. The ideal systems would provide 100% coverage of the submerged hull.
: Any info/advice will be very appreciated.

01:02 Nov-16-2006
Asad
Re: broad swath ultrasonic thickness testing of ships hulls Dear?
I am sending you the link which will solve your problem....please visit http://www.ndtpace.com
regards,
Asad
asadarizvi@yahoo.com
info@ndtpace.com

: : NDT folks,
: : I am looking for a NDT method of performing "full coverage" thickness testing of ships hulls. I need to be able to detect localised corrosion of the inside of a vessels hull by performing an outside scan. The ideal systems would provide 100% coverage of the submerged hull.
: : Any info/advice will be very appreciated.
: I believe Det Norske Veritas developed an ROV to do this a couple of years ago.
: Regards
: Nick

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|